BMW S1000RR Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Sorry, still not working.

It's true that the bike will adapt to a certain extent as long as you keep the O2 sensors. The more you ride it the smoother it will get. The cold engine idle will be lumpy, but you'll notice as soon as the engine gets to 50 degrees C it will smooth out. If you're happy with it, just move on to other things. The BMW is not like the Aprilia, it will be fine.

Discussion starter · #23 · (Edited)
Sorry, still not working.

That's weird! I have used the image uploader with no success and apparently the link by itself is not working either ... Don't know how to proceed, sorry.

It's true that the bike will adapt to a certain extent as long as you keep the O2 sensors. The more you ride it the smoother it will get. The cold engine idle will be lumpy, but you'll notice as soon as the engine gets to 50 degrees C it will smooth out. If you're happy with it, just move on to other things. The BMW is not like the Aprilia, it will be fine.
Thanks for that. The burble it makes in idle is similar to those highly tuned race cars with plenty of power and racing mods. Once they start accelerating, everything goes smoothly. I know I can squeeze out two or three more rear tire ponies with a PCV and a dyno tune (two runs, one for O2 diagnostics, the other to confirm optimal O2 map settings), but as it is, I'm enjoying it in the meanwhile.

i can only see the middle of the 3 pics but looks great... enjoy it.

and yeah def get a tune when you can, or order one from Bren or something if theres no good shops nearby... im gonna take a trip to BKK where theres a really good shop and have my bike done soon when i have the time... im due for a plug check on mine anyway, and probably good to test compression while were in there.

i know some people get tired of the shorty exhaust because of how loud they are... but ive been riding it daily like this for a year and i still smile everytime it starts up... even on long trips (12hrs in 1 day) i never get tired of that noise ;)

Discussion starter · #25 ·
i can only see the middle of the 3 pics but looks great... enjoy it.

and yeah def get a tune when you can, or order one from Bren or something if theres no good shops nearby... im gonna take a trip to BKK where theres a really good shop and have my bike done soon when i have the time... im due for a plug check on mine anyway, and probably good to test compression while were in there.

i know some people get tired of the shorty exhaust because of how loud they are... but ive been riding it daily like this for a year and i still smile everytime it starts up... even on long trips (12hrs in 1 day) i never get tired of that noise ;)
Thanks! If you are using a mobile device, the images are definitely too large. I also like the deep rumble when it starts, but I could use a db killer when I ride for more than 30 minutes. In fact, I always use ear plugs when I'm riding for longer, which is the usual case. How can a Bren tune work so well when atmospheric conditions are so dissimilar? I need to learn about this, as I am intrigued.

Firebladder, your pic doesn't work for me.

I'd either upload a file here (using the "drag files here to attach" thing) or upload them to imgur.com, it's what I use for hosting pictures. No need for an account etc.

Discussion starter · #30 · (Edited)
Discussion starter · #34 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I did exact;y what you suggest with the Google-hosted images to no avail. I could not tell, because in every post of mine the pictures showed up fine each time. Anyway, if there are no further comments in terms of the exhaust mods, I'll keep things as they are without concerns about possible engine damage, and concentrate on the suspension overhaul.

Thanks for the feedback. I did exact;y what you suggest with the Google-hosted images to no avail. I could not tell, because in every post of mine the pictures showed up fine each time. Anyway, if there are no further comments in terms of the exhaust mods, I'll keep things as they are without concerns about possible engine damage, and concentrate on the suspension overhaul.

looks great, nice to see something different from the typical s1k colors i always see

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Thanks, RoadWarrior! Black with gold accents is a combination I really enjoy. The fork seals just arrived, so soon I will be able to dial-in front and rear suspension settings as never before thanks to the right oil viscosity. I'm expecting improved stability when leaning at speed on imperfect roads.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.