BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a pair of Lightech bar ends to match my HP brake lever protector.

Noticed a lot of vibration on the left bar on a recent ride so reinstalled the stock bar end and voila, a lot less vibration.

Can anyone recommend atermarket bar ends that don't increase vibration at the grips or maybe even lessen it?
Thanks

Reactions: shank67

·
Registered
795 Posts
If the stock ones work then why change them? Evotech, Alpha racing or HVMP might work. Depends on the year of the bike. HVMP worked on my 2017 but people say they dont work for the 2020.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the stock ones work then why change them? Evotech, Alpha racing or HVMP might work. Depends on the year of the bike. HVMP worked on my 2017 but people say they dont work for the 2020.
As I said in my OP, just to match the HP brake lever protector that replaced the right stock bar end. And the remaining one is showing signs of wear.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
HVMP worked nicely on my wife's 2015

·
Registered
440 Posts
Granted when I'm riding hard, it's not an issue but at around 4,000 rpm on my '15 the right bar vibrates just enough that it puts my hand to sleep in a hurry. I believe the HVMP are heavier than the Evotech by a little bit and I think I'm going the HVMP route this Spring.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
i installed a throttlemeister on my '10 before i updated to cruise control, and those ends maybe helped a little, but wasn't awful before installing and not a real noticeable difference. then again, i was used to HD/choppers, so vibration isn't something new to me, though it is much higher frequency on the S1k.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Bought a pair of Lightech bar ends to match my HP brake lever protector.

Noticed a lot of vibration on the left bar on a recent ride so reinstalled the stock bar end and voila, a lot less vibration.

Can anyone recommend atermarket bar ends that don't increase vibration at the grips or maybe even lessen it?
Thanks
Lightech have zero function, strictly "light" weight and bling parts. They don't function well, don't crash well, they just look nice and cost a premium. I lightech-ed my gsxr out last year with everything they offer and kind of regret it.

Try the R&G oversized bar ends. Heavier than stock but make a nice difference in vibrations.

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
48 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Already had some Oxford bar ends so used an adapter and some large washers. The vibrations have lessened.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts