BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shoe Glove Sleeve Baby & toddler clothing Grey

Doing a full rebuild of a 2011 S1000RR and carefully took pics of everything as I took it apart - or so I thought.

I can’t remember quite where this part goes! It has a number on it: 8545686-01

Can anyone help o_O

Sleeve Grey Collar Button Fashion accessory
Sleeve Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Bicycle part Font

·
Vendor
4,096 Posts
That is the rear brake resvoir bracket. Attaches to the subframe and holds the resvoir and brake line with zip ties.

Font Engineering Machine Auto part Automotive window part

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply and image! I’ve attached another bracket there that I was sure I kept with it, and it looked right 😬
I will take it apart to work out! Thanks.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Vehicle brake

·
Vendor
4,096 Posts
I can’t remember quite where this part goes! It has a number on it: 8545686-01
This part number is

Font Number Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

So you have the wrong bracket in place now. alot of that bracket in your hand is for Zip tie the brake lines in place. I cannot believe how many zip ties the factory put on that bracket to hold the lines.

Reactions: Zoda

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok don’t suppose you can help identify this bracket that was in its place? It has ‘7 722 745-02’ on it and 237810 10.

Thank you!
Textile Sleeve Comfort Grey Eyewear
Product Comfort Textile Sleeve Grey
Textile Sleeve Gesture Grey T-shirt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the bracket I’d put in place is this, which confuses me as it seems like it is for the same place but a different design. It looks to me like both diagrams are saying these hold the rear reservoir but not together as each only appear in one diagram. Am I reading it right and perhaps I’ve changed one for the other in the past?! I’ve had the bike from new and don’t recall ever removing a bracket here before!
Font Line Parallel Slope Auto part

·
Vendor
4,096 Posts
Ok,. somehow you have managed to get 2 brackets for the rear reservoir.

However, the above one in your first picture is the one I have seen on 15-19 S1000RR

the 2nd one you show is also rear bracket, but, I think it is 10-14, as I have only taken 3 10-14 apart to the frame and I somewhat remember that bracket was different from the 15-19

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You star, makes sense and helped me realise it came with the rear subframe I bought, and removed for powder coating! Omg the energy I wasted on getting worried about it - thanks for all your help 🌟

1 - 8 of 8 Posts