BMW S1000RR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don’t like how my clutch is set up either. I like it to release about midway and this one feels like it releases while your lever is almost completely out. My bike has not turned off since that one time it did it. I have been purposely trying to get it to do it again because I would love to find out what triggers it.
If you get it to catch mid way with out it messing up the auto lip or clutchless up shifts let me know it’s definitely at a weird catching point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
tried it a few times on my way home @Pipes1021 . no issues no stalling. All is good, i did scare a little old lady next to me when i pulled in the clutch with about 50% throttle lol. Does that help?
Yea lol thanks for trying for sure. Just keep a eye for it stalling out. Maybe the update fixed that issue

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
ended up not finding a good place for it..so left it in place on the fender....such a shame

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Just to provide an update on this....This just happened again on my way into work. Same exact issue, no power at full throttle with the same service warning.

2nd time same exact issue - lemon????

Dealer is closed today but they will get an earful from me tomorrow.

I've noticed a pattern, highway speeds (no issues) then i get onto local roads..bike's fan kicks on. Light turns green and I go, check engine and no power.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
oh yeah audio wise the bike sounds like its running normally..its the computer retarding the throttle input. it falls into a "safe mode" and then just puts along at no more than 5mph until i turn off then back on....I'm not a happy boy today.

·
Registered
275 Posts
oh yeah audio wise the bike sounds like its running normally..its the computer retarding the throttle input. it falls into a "safe mode" and then just puts along at no more than 5mph until i turn off then back on....I'm not a happy boy today.
Man I’m really sorry to hear that. Total bummer. I wonder what the heck is going on and why it keeps happening. Maybe something is faulty in the throttle. Wire wasn’t popped out was it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
no - the throttle issue happens when i get the fault code. Last time they said it was due to a software update that was required.

Hell this time they may find a throttle issue.

Plus if it was a wire type issue I figure it wouldnt go away when i turn the bike off and then wait 5 min then back on.

·
Registered
275 Posts
no - the throttle issue happens when i get the fault code. Last time they said it was due to a software update that was required.

Hell this time they may find a throttle issue.

Plus if it was a wire type issue I figure it wouldnt go away when i turn the bike off and then wait 5 min then back on.
Gotcha. Too bad you don’t have it on video so you can really show them what’s going on. I do hope it gets resolved quickly

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
next time it happens ill bring the cell out...the problem it it usually happens when im stopped at a red light so i need to put myself out of the road...ill see what i can do.

·
Registered
959 Posts
actually...ill set up the gopro tonight on my helmet and see if i can catch it acting up.
Intermittent issues are always difficult to troubleshoot but a video would probably help them a lot.
It seems the three of us got our bikes around the same time and so far I am the only one that has not had any issues yet. 413 miles so far. I even had it maxed out a few times. I’m actually just waiting for something to give me problems. I hope it doesn’t but right now I’m actually expecting it.
D4F553FB-0AA5-498E-AE81-BFFD78BA2126.png

·
Registered
275 Posts
Intermittent issues are always difficult to troubleshoot but a video would probably help them a lot.
It seems the three of us got our bikes around the same time and so far I am the only one that has not had any issues yet. 413 miles so far. I even had it maxed out a few times. I’m actually just waiting for something to give me problems. I hope it doesn’t but right now I’m actually expecting it. View attachment 210155 View attachment 210155
The only issue I had was the bike randomly stalled from a pull in of the clutch at some random moments when cruising. Happened maybe twice if I remember correctly but hasn’t after the software update. Other then that she’s been great

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
The only issue I had was the bike randomly stalled from a pull in of the clutch at some random moments when cruising. Happened maybe twice if I remember correctly but hasn’t after the software update. Other then that she’s been great

this happened for the first time yesterday. Mid lean pulled in the clutch to just coast in....bike shut off...only happened once so far...

161 - 180 of 205 Posts