BMW S1000RR Forum banner

141 - 161 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
love me some MRA windshields. I was going back and forth with the clear and the smoke. I still want both lol.

With the NRC - surprised how bright the LEDs were/are.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The windshield was easy to install. I reused the OEM rubber grommets because they looked better than the ones that came with the MRA.
The NRC is definitely very bright.

are used a cut off wheel to trim the bolts after installation so that I could put the OBD port back in the stock location. I have a license plate light error. When I get back home later I need to see if a plugged it in backwards. With my current set up I will not be using the light but the idea of having the plug open to get corrosion does not appeal to me. I don’t think it will get hot so I zip tied it to the sub frame. I’ll check it out later.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I just checked mine and have no gap, and the OBD is in its stock location. (dealer installed as i suck with electrical ****).

Maybe the earlier videos were mis-installations or NRC changed it?

·
Registered
959 Posts
love me some MRA windshields. I was going back and forth with the clear and the smoke. I still want both lol.

With the NRC - surprised how bright the LEDs were/are.
I put the BMW emblem that was on the factory fender on the front of the bike. Honestly I thought it would look better than what it does. I’m not too happy with the look. I’ll see if it grows on me if not I will peel it off. About 15 seconds with a heat gun on the back end it popped off the OEM fender very easily. While it was still warm I pressed it on to the location you see in the picture. I think it would probably look better if it was lower towards the bottom of the windscreen but the piece I stuck it on was curved there. Where I placed it was flat.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I just checked mine and have no gap, and the OBD is in its stock location. (dealer installed as i suck with electrical ****).

When I installed mine I was looking for the cab and it is hardly even noticeable. I understand why some people have complained. You paid $220. In my opinion it’s one of the most expensive fender illuminator‘s send I think it could have been designed better. The tux or standard plate bracket should have been universal. Also I had to Dremel the lower slots so that I could put four bolts on my plate because the lower bolt holes did not line up properly for my plate.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
wait what BMW logo on the which fender? Am i missing a decal? that is a loss of HP right there!

seriously though, where is the sticker you are referring to?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I butchered my NRC plate going back-and-forth with ideas but I don’t care because it’s mine. I can always get a piece of flat stock and bolt it to the NRC. Welding it on would be nice but I would not want to risk damaging the LED lights.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Oh completely misread what you meant. I left the sticker on the factory piece but that does look interesting. i might need to move mine over lol

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
i gotcha maybe ordering/making a matte one would look better? The gloss of the emblem under the gloss/shine of the MRA makes it look funny.

·
Registered
275 Posts
wait what BMW logo on the which fender? Am i missing a decal? that is a loss of HP right there!

seriously though, where is the sticker you are referring to?
On the stock fender it has that bmw label. I’m gonna put mine on the back of the light in the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
On the stock fender it has that bmw label. I’m gonna put mine on the back of the light in the rear

relocating mine tonight as well. would have never noticed it was there until you guys said something lol.

·
Registered
275 Posts

The videos on YouTube were pretty straight forward. It’s all plug and play I think you could of saved a few bucks. Trust me I hate electrical and I was able to do it fine by myself and put the two signal connectors back into the stock location with some time. All good though at least it’s done

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
yeah i should have done my research...it does look straight forward. I guess i was assuming it was just like my last install on my '15...was a nightmare with electrical..live and learn i guess

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
update

Figured i should update this thread. Day 2 of riding since i got her back. Zero issues so far. Only at 179 miles on the bike as of this writing. Didnt notice any issues prior to the fault appearing so i cant really notice any changes since the software patch. So far so good.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any stalling with constant throttle and pulling in clutch/ off throttle to coast? I noticed mine would stall sometimes when doing so. Hoping I can get it into the dealer tomorrow for the first service and hopefully a software update

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Only stalled when i initially picked up the bike (day 1)...but since that no issues yet. I havent experienced the at speed then clutch in stall yet. I will try it on my ride home today and will let you know.

I do need to adjust the physical positioning of the clutch and bring it a little closer to my bar..it just seems at default to be further away than my '15. Personal preference.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
tried it a few times on my way home @Pipes1021 . no issues no stalling. All is good, i did scare a little old lady next to me when i pulled in the clutch with about 50% throttle lol. Does that help?

·
Registered
959 Posts
I don’t like how my clutch is set up either. I like it to release about midway and this one feels like it releases while your lever is almost completely out. My bike has not turned off since that one time it did it. I have been purposely trying to get it to do it again because I would love to find out what triggers it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
yeah the engagement area for the clutch is just seems to be too far out. Im hoping the adjustment will make it feel better. Having said that.....I do like the M series levers, at first i was going to buy some aftermarket foldable ones but these feel pretty good. Just happy they aren't silver.

141 - 161 of 205 Posts