BMW S1000RR Forum banner

181 - 200 of 314 Posts

·
Vendor
2,639 Posts
The bad thing about you guys saying update software is that you have no clue if you are comparing apple to apple. The dealers tech or service manager do not always update the ISTA software from ISIS. If there happens to be a bad internet connection at that dealer and they do not update ISTA, it can be 5 versions behind. If the tech really updates the ECU in the bike, there is a report that can be printed and it will clearly report the K001 software update number on it. Then, you can post the number and I can tell you if that is recent or about how old.

Motorrad put out a really bad August 2015 update and it was not corrected until October 2015. The twist throttle got some bad coding that would glitch under certain conditions and lean angle. It is one reason I stress that not all updates are a good thing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Do you know the name or number of the report you speak of? When i do get this back to the dealership I will request it and report back to you.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If you get it to catch mid way with out it messing up the auto lip or clutchless up shifts let me know it’s definitely at a weird catching point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I changed the lever dial from 6 to 1 and then 2 and it made a huge difference.

·
Registered
72 Posts
this happened for the first time yesterday. Mid lean pulled in the clutch to just coast in....bike shut off...only happened once so far...
I know there is no legit reason for bike / engine to shut off just like that. It’s quite crazy!!

On the other hand, is it typical for you (and/or anyone else out here) to pull clutch in to coast? Especially “mid lean” (mid turn), that doesn’t seem like a safe or usual riding technique to me. I am fully aware I don’t know everything, I am just very curious and need to ask. Thanks.

from using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,786 Posts
I know there is no legit reason for bike / engine to shut off just like that. It’s quite crazy!!

On the other hand, is it typical for you (and/or anyone else out here) to pull clutch in to coast? Especially “mid lean” (mid turn), that doesn’t seem like a safe or usual riding technique to me. I am fully aware I don’t know everything, I am just very curious and need to ask. Thanks.

from using Tapatalk
You don't pull the clutch mid lean lol. I think he meant something else.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
no i did it purposefully - trying things i hear here to see if it will happen to my bike. It did once so far.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Oh this is the first time I've ever had it happen on my RR. glad I've experienced what it feels like, next time (if there is one)..ill know what to do quickly.

Rode the bike in today, no check engine..I think the dealer is picking her up tomorrow. It sucks worrying if I will make it home or if the bike will act up again.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
yeah it sucks...still waiting for the dealership to come get it..it sucks not trusting the bike to stay running on a normal ride.....it'll get resolved, just not a happy camper

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
Bike was picked up today....apparently they opened a case for it. I want to say Puma case but apparently the dealers call it something new now and I cant remember what he told me. So now I wait..

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good luck man! I feel for you hope they are able to get to the bottom of this and resolve it once and for all.

Thanks for keeping us posted as well.

from using Tapatalk

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
still at the shop....virus really slowed down the work flow. Last update is they were waiting on good weather to take a test ride. They haven't told me what the issue is/was. Hoping to pick it up soon.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hope the dealer can get you a good answer to what was going on. Hopefully get the bike back soon as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Wow. Im sure they code see the error code. I wonder if they just want to confirm the complaint or if they did a repair and need to test ride it to see if it happens again. Did you speak to Max directly about this issue?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
Naw, ive yet to talk to Max about it. Might be my next call if it comes back.

So picking up the bike tomorrow/sat....this is what they told me.

BMW asked to have us undo all the connections on the bike, and were found that some connections weren’t making contact on the main wiring harness, they were all tested then put back together and the bike the bike has gone on 3 extender rides and is all set.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
no unfortunately. I'm still at 434 miles...they've had the bike a total of 3 weeks since i bought it..

181 - 200 of 314 Posts