BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, this is a first as a BMW owner....71 miles in...and below pops up. I lose all throttle input except for 1% can maybe get to 5-8mph. Let go of the throttle and the bike dies. On the phone with MAX BMW NH and setting up a time for them to come get it......went from being on top of the world to in the dumps...... Luckily it happened less than a mile away from my apartment. it really sucks pushing a brand new bike down a busy road home....

Side note what does the circle with the line through it mean? trying to find it in the manual.

·
Registered
23 Posts
When you home did you try to restart the bike? This is become an issue in the UK with the last update at the dealer and the adaptive values are getting out of spec somehow while riding. So people this happen to were able to power off the bike and back on, it worked fine.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thank you @simes007us

@K67UKS1K - yup, but only after sitting for a few minutes. If i turned it off then right back on the issue would remain. I let it sit for 5 minutes (off) then powered it back on..power came back to full, no fault, then after about 100 ft it all came crashing back down.

·
Registered
132 Posts
When you home did you try to restart the bike? This is become an issue in the UK with the last update at the dealer and the adaptive values are getting out of spec somehow while riding. So people this happen to were able to power off the bike and back on, it worked fine.
So, this happened after the latest update?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am assuming i have the latest update. I just got the bike on saturday. This was the first day riding.

Dealer did say that the bike was all updated and warranties were performed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am assuming i have the latest update. I just got the bike on saturday. This was the first day riding.

Dealer did say that the bike was all updated and warranties were performed.
Sorry to hear about that happening especially on the first day! Definitely a bummer. Hopefully that gets sorted out soon. Curious to see what the solution will be. How many miles did the bike have when you got it? Mine had 7. ( assuming they used those miles to make sure calipers weren’t leaking, make sure those seals were seating correctly ( calipers) with some good braking and no immediate issues popped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bike had 6 miles when I put it in the back of the truck. 61 miles currently.

Ill keep this thread updated when i know more. Hopefully its a simple fix

·
Vendor
2,199 Posts
This is not the first one I have heard of this since the December update that is for correcting the bad startup issue. Just like I indicated, you go attacking a problem that does not exist on every K67, you are asking for possible problems to occur in another area.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is not the first one I have heard of this since the December update that is for correcting the bad startup issue. Just like I indicated, you go attacking a problem that does not exist on every K67, you are asking for possible problems to occur in another area.
@BMW_388 is there some sort of safety mode that the bike goes into to save itself? Ive never experienced full throttle at 8mph before....was.....sad....

·
Registered
739 Posts
WOW. Hope it's something simple that they find and I hope they fix it once and for all. My bike has software version 001_119_170
not sure if that's the latest update or not. My bike also only has 4 miles on it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW. Hope it's something simple that they find and I hope they fix it once and for all. My bike has software version 001_119_170
not sure if that's the latest update or not. My bike also only has 4 miles on it.
yea me too...the first 30 miles into work went perfect! this issue didnt appear at all until a mile from my place...ill check the version number when i get back down to the bike in the AM..I was aiming for 100 miles today...ended up at 61, sad day

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well i hope your first ride is smoother than mine. Seriously though this bike is amazing even without the suspension setup for me and with the limiter in place. Its a great bike...just....bad luck i guess for me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok good point...we are getting snow tonight so i wouldnt be able to ride even if i wanted to...so this does work out? Gotta flip it to a positive right?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yep.
Looks like we're getting rain tomorrow. We need snow. I do snow plow, sander, snowthrower repair. Plus all other small engine repair but snow brings us lots of work.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well we are getting 5-8 inches here. youre more than welcome to plow here. Also we can just trade bikes!

1 - 20 of 164 Posts