1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Absolutely nuts. Do people die at road courses often? Seems like a rider, spectator, or multiple spectators, could bite the dust so easily at some of those turns if it all went pear-shaped. I couldn't imagine going so quick on a road with so little runoff and so many trees/obstacles to go "splat" into.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Absolutely nuts. Do people die at road courses often? Seems like a rider, spectator, or multiple spectators, could bite the dust so easily at some of those turns if it all went pear-shaped. I couldn't imagine going so quick on a road with so little runoff and so many trees/obstacles to go "splat" into.
There is a series on my cable network called Real Road Racing about Irish road racing. There are periodic brief memoria to someone (usually a 20 something year old young man) who tragically lost their life road racing. They normally have the statement that "he died doing what he loved and leaves behind...." Even the series medical director died in a motorcycle accident responding to a racing crash scene. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hinds_(doctor)

I love speed and am pretty libertarian when it comes to letting people decide how they want to live their life, but it does seem that a few changes may be in order to make things a little safer for all of the young immortals drawn to that particular sport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts