BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, in the process of buying the new 2021 K67. Firstly love the M pack color scheme but do not care for carbon wheel or M seat. Reading through the forum reviews for both didn’t seem like I’m missing much- cracking and uncomfortable seat.
So my plan is to buy Hockenheim silver 1000rr with race and select package and at a later date maybe in a year or two get the bike painted in white and buy the decals from BMW M package.
Does any know how much would it cost to paint bike white? The decals would set me back 500$ . If painting is going to set me back couple grand I might as well get the M pack to being with.
Decal link:
Appreciate your response and feedback.

·
Registered
2016 S1000rr
28 Posts
The local guy here in Maryland charged around $1500 but that was about 7-10 years ago. And he took forever to get it done. Unfortunately he was the only local guy I had to send my clients to. Each place is different pricing depending on how much you do the prep work or provide the paint. Ask around to a few auto restoration shops cause those guys can be quite [email protected] about paint jobs.

·
Vendor
3,626 Posts
Hey All, in the process of buying the new 2021 K67. Firstly love the M pack color scheme but do not care for carbon wheel or M seat. Reading through the forum reviews for both didn’t seem like I’m missing much- cracking and uncomfortable seat.
So my plan is to buy Hockenheim silver 1000rr with race and select package and at a later date maybe in a year or two get the bike painted in white and buy the decals from BMW M package.
Does any know how much would it cost to paint bike white? The decals would set me back 500$ . If painting is going to set me back couple grand I might as well get the M pack to being with.
Decal link:
Appreciate your response and feedback.
Paint is all about the quality you expect.

Macco.. great place to slam on Red, Black, plain white.. usually $500 no dents no trim removed. orange peel is free.

Then step up to service king. $800.. remove small dents, remove some trim, cleaner no orange peel surface.

Then step up to $1200-1500.. remove small and medium dents, remove all trim, nice smooth paint job with good shine and 2 coat clear process.

So, know what you are really getting into when it comes to the paint type and the person applying it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The local guy here in Maryland charged around $1500 but that was about 7-10 years ago. And he took forever to get it done. Unfortunately he was the only local guy I had to send my clients to. Each place is different pricing depending on how much you do the prep work or provide the paint. Ask around to a few auto restoration shops cause those guys can be quite [email protected] about paint jobs.

Macco.. great place to slam on Red, Black, plain white.. usually $500 no dents no trim removed. orange peel is free.

Then step up to service king. $800.. remove small dents, remove some trim, cleaner no orange peel surface.

Then step up to $1200-1500.. remove small and medium dents, remove all trim, nice smooth paint job with good shine and 2 coat clear process.

So, know what you are really getting into when it comes to the paint type and the person applying it.
Man that’s expensive, prices would have only gone up. Let me see what I can find near me. Thanks

That’s lot more then I expected, will need to rethink my decision of not getting the M-Pack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Administrator
7,059 Posts
If they are brand new panels with no stone chips or damage and you prep yourself (at least 400 wet, maybe 600 wet paper depending on the painter) they will want at least $600 for simple one colour. If you want House of Kolor 3 paint system with metajuls and pearl, then of course it will be more. Ask some local painters to help you decide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, but unsure the quality of them.
Almost all mods I have are chinese brands.
I paid about $600 for a full ti exhaust. 600 km in, no problem so far.
$1000 for serval carbon pieces, so far so good.
$400 for some color fairings.
chain tensioner etc..
Overall,
I'd say you pay 1/3 of the price and get 80% of the quality.
Haven't experienced any major flaws, the 20% you lose is mostly cosmetic.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
$1000 for serval carbon pieces, so far so good.
$400 for some color fairings.
chain tensioner etc..
Overall,
I'd say you pay 1/3 of the price and get 80% of the quality.
Haven't experienced any major flaws, the 20% you lose is mostly cosmetic.
That’s encouraging to know. I’ll probably get the M pack, seeing that either painting or the Chinese fairings will cost at least $1000 I might as well pay $2000 more and get the carbon wheels and the color scheme.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well, if you want to repaint the bike, why bother with a sticker kit at all? If I was going to spring for a custom job, I'd have the guy paint the Motorsports stripes on similar to, but just different enough from stock to be noticeably unique. Talk with the painter, between the 2 of you you guys might come up with a totally different and better scheme using the Motorsports colors. Hell, maybe keep the silver base, strip any stickers off, and paint the Motorsports blue stripes on a slightly larger white base with red pinstriping on the outer edges? THAT would be cool and very unique.

I'm glad I was able to get them on my '15, it's by far my fave of the ones available. But then from decades of owning blu/wht Gixxers, maybe I'm a tad biased.... ;)

Best of luck, and make sure to post pics!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
got a link to the seller of the full ti exhaust?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
That looks great.
Much as I love my "Motorrad" wht/blu/red scheme on my '15, I think you doing a set of the Motorrad stripes over the base silver would look awesome. It might end up cheaper too. They could remove any stickers, so the wetsanding, the stripes, and clearcoat, and it's done. No need for a whole new white base over the silver. It would be WAY cool and very unique, only you would have it, unlike simply copying the OEM paint job. AND not be just a re-paint and "sticker job".

Doooo eeeeet! :) Just make sure to post pics!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts