BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have not seen the amazing deal on this side stand, you must check this out:

SV Racing Parts | Store

I have purchased one over a year ago and have found it to be an absolute dream!

Once your bike is lifted, it will move around without any effort. There is a hydraulic shock to assist in the lowering of the bike, and nice leverage points to lift it easily without strain. It requires a single addition to your frame that will enable two points of connection.

Your bike is in the air over 3 inches, and may be adjusted to ensure it is completely level in height for the front and rear wheel.

The kickstand must be raised to install, though I have found the install and removal of the stand to be easy for a single person, gear or no gear.

The pricing on this is another shock! for under USD $300, this lift is yours. Forget trying to use the front and rear OEM lifts from HP4 BMW, they are only going to get in the way.

Furthermore, the gentleman at SV Racing Parts are super helpful, responsive, and I wanted to share their details to let everyone know where to get these amazing lifts for the right price!!!

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Brandon

·
Administrator
6,702 Posts
I understand that you are very enthusiastic about this stand. There have been a number of discussions regarding it in the past. I personally picked the Motomfg version back in 2012, before SV racing started importing these. After using it for two years I decided that it took up too much space when it wasn't being used, and it was far more difficult to use than the BMW traditional stands or the Pit Bulls, especially if you're putting tire warmers on at the track for 6 or 7 sessions a day.
Just wanted to give another opinion on this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been using one of these for the past year and while I agree that it's a great stand to use for storage or while working on the bike, it's much easier and safer to use the traditional front and rear stands at the track if you are using tire warmers. Though I never had a problem with it, raising and lowering the bike with the paddock side stand can be a little tricky because you have to hold the bike with one hand while aligning the pins on the stand with the other. And yes you do the same thing with a rear stand but I find it much easier to align the stand to the spools on the bike. But that's just me.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I dig mine as well but don't disagree with these additional perspectives. That's why I still use my rear stand. Ideal to have both IMO

·
Registered
284 Posts
I like mine as well but it is by no means effortless to move it around. It takes a lot to get it to move ONLY in the direction you want and not wander. But now i know nobody can just wish away with it while on the stand haha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts