BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to install the IAT relocation kit from Brentunning. Install went pretty smooth and after I got everything back together I turned on the key and immediately a message display take to service center (can't remember what exactly it said but you probably get the gist) and I said to myself "GREAT!"

I started up the bike and and it ran normal then I turned off the key off then on again (no message now) and I noticed on the right side of the display a red triangle displayed briefly then changed to yellow and then off. I don't remember if this was normal or not. I went to vehicle information and didn't see anything about needing service. I plugged the tuner device in to read the codes and it found 4 codes P1491, P10F2, P1490 and P10F0. I cleared the codes and read them again, only one came back was P10F2.

I looked up the P10F2 code and found it was Charge Air Pressure in Comparison To Barometric Pressure Too High. Im guessing I didn't plug in a sensor causing this code. But my question is, does anyone know where this sensor is? Im going to tackle this tomorrow but just seeing if I can locate the sensor beforehand so hopefully I don't have to tear the whole air box out again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I took a look at the bike and I think it had something to do with me not leaving the flapper motor plugged in. After that I’m not getting the same code. In the install video on Brentuning site, they don’t exactly tell if you need it still plugged in or not. They just say zip tie it to something.

Does anyone with some experience have some good info for me?

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
In their video they say the flapper servo comes out and stays out.

They mention it a few seconds after 17 minutes into the video.

·
Vendor
2,492 Posts
Looks like you will be taking it all back apart and rechecking some wiring for sure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So today I watched the video install guide paying attention to all the connections. I got a hunch that maybe I got some vacuum lines mixed up. Long story short I had them right and verified by looking on top of the canister on the left side (it’s labeled where it goes). All connections are good.

My next idea is, this code is coming from the fact that I did the IAT sensor relocation but I don’t have the tune loaded yet. In the video he mentions the tune canceling out the error code caused by the relocation but I don’t know if this is the code he’s referring to. Unfortunately I’m waiting for my exhaust to arrive to load the tune and I also have to locate a PC (I have Mac’s).

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
That makes sense (intuitively anyway, I'm no expert). But it would be strange if just moving the IAT sensor from the airbox to the intake throws a code (assuming the if the IAT sensor is connected and working). Fingers crossed the map takes care of it.

·
Vendor
1,072 Posts
So today I watched the video install guide paying attention to all the connections. I got a hunch that maybe I got some vacuum lines mixed up. Long story short I had them right and verified by looking on top of the canister on the left side (it’s labeled where it goes). All connections are good.

My next idea is, this code is coming from the fact that I did the IAT sensor relocation but I don’t have the tune loaded yet. In the video he mentions the tune canceling out the error code caused by the relocation but I don’t know if this is the code he’s referring to. Unfortunately I’m waiting for my exhaust to arrive to load the tune and I also have to locate a PC (I have Mac’s).
This is why the Stage 2 kit is required with flashing. Without our flash the bike throws all kinds of codes. This is mentioned in the product description and why no other company is able to release kits like this.

With our flash, those codes will go away.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is why the Stage 2 kit is required with flashing. Without our flash the bike throws all kinds of codes. This is mentioned in the product description and why no other company is able to release kits like this.

With our flash, those codes will go away.
That is really good news. I was starting to get concerned. Once I find a PC, is it safe to load the flash with the factory exhaust setup? I don’t know how long it’s goin to be before my exhaust arrives.

·
Registered
342 Posts
That is really good news. I was starting to get concerned. Once I find a PC, is it safe to load the flash with the factory exhaust setup? I don’t know how long it’s goin to be before my exhaust arrives.
When you fill out the questions that Brentune requires one of them is what exhaust you have. I’m sure when you get exhaust you can reflash again after emailing them the updated info and getting the new flash back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you fill out the questions that Brentune requires one of them is what exhaust you have. I’m sure when you get exhaust you can reflash again after emailing them the updated info and getting the new flash back

Would I have to pay for the second tune when my exhaust arrives? I think I read somewhere that they only provide two free tunes with the purchase of the stage 2 flash.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Would I have to pay for the second tune when my exhaust arrives? I think I read somewhere that they only provide two free tunes with the purchase of the stage 2 flash.

That would be a question for them not the forum.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts

You can download VirtualBox (Oracle VM VirtualBox) for free and run a windows on the Mac. I was able to find a Windows image for free that I did not have to activate. It has been awhile but if you go this route and can't find a Windows image, let me know and I can hunt around. I use VirtualBox/Windows for BrenTunning, Cardo, and Alpinestars race vest software.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yesterday I managed to use bootcamp to dual boot windows. So the windows problem isn't a problem anymore. I got the my genius installed and updated and everything. So now I'm just waiting on the exhaust to arrive. I decided I'm just going to wait for it to arrive before I flash the bike. I have an appointment to check for any updates next week and after that, I will send the stock file to them so they can work on it and have something to flash the bike after the exhaust install.
You can download VirtualBox (Oracle VM VirtualBox) for free and run a windows on the Mac. I was able to find a Windows image for free that I did not have to activate. It has been awhile but if you go this route and can't find a Windows image, let me know and I can hunt around. I use VirtualBox/Windows for BrenTunning, Cardo, and Alpinestars race vest software.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts