BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New member here. I know the BMW still has a hold on the sales for the new RR, but I just want to see what's the best OTD price I can get for a new RR.

I went to one of my local dealership and inquired about the RR, and asked if they can do any discount on the RR ( before mentioning any of the rebates).

So the sales told me that he can do about $600 off, and can take a deposit today. Then I asked if I can use the rebates as well (I qualify for both BMWCCA and Medical $750 each)

Then the sales told me the rebates can't be stacked, but will match the discount to $750 since I'm a returning customer; so I can get total of $1500 off the bike.

My total OTD price in CA with 7.75% tax rate is $23316.44 (MSRP at $22690).

I can go with cash or easy ride or traditional finance, was told both at 4.39% APR

I just want to know if it's true that you can't stack the rebates, and is it better to do the easy ride or traditional finance?

Thank you so much for any advice, and ride safe.

·
Vendor
3,488 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Race package (forged wheels) and select package (most common)? A little over $20k

Buy out of state and skip taxes/fees

·
Registered
12 Posts
Read thru most all of the threads and hard to get a straight answer. Especially since most were not M purchases.
I am looking at buying a 21 after ther the recall is sorted out.
With a msrp of $22,690 (M model) what is a realistic discount? $1500? $2000? $2500?
I have yet to pay msrp or freight or prep for a bike, but I haven't bought a new BMW either (currently have a 2019 which I bought used but love it so much that I want a 2021).
Tax, title and all that is what is.
Any legit info is appreciated.
I live in PA.

·
Vendor
3,488 Posts
Read thru most all of the threads and hard to get a straight answer. Especially since most were not M purchases.
I am looking at buying a 21 after ther the recall is sorted out.
With a msrp of $22,690 (M model) what is a realistic discount? $1500? $2000? $2500?
I have yet to pay msrp or freight or prep for a bike, but I haven't bought a new BMW either (currently have a 2019 which I bought used but love it so much that I want a 2021).
Tax, title and all that is what is.
Any legit info is appreciated.
I live in PA.
Dont you think this is going to come down to the actual dealer that sold the bike. example is in December 2018 my friend and I walked into a TEXAS dealer that sold a 2018 Premium loaded brand new S1000RR for $12750 OTD. That was unheard of as in most would say impossible, yet there was it was and it happened.

Then you have June 2019 the release of K67. Dealers had a waiting list to buy the bike. I paid $23900 OTD on that ///M bike.

Now we have stop sales and they have no reason to think that once the stop sale is lifted there is going to be this lag in sales. I have 3 guys right now waiting to get the 21 bike and send me the ECU for flash programming at brand new dealer sold miles.. which is typically 4-6 miles. They are going to pay whatever it takes to get the bike so they can start building for the 21 race season.

Tax and title fees is dependent on state too. About the only fee most get out of setup fee.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes I understand that it will come down to dealers. Just trying to get a better feel for a realistic deal. If they are not discounting at all then so be it but that doesn't seem like the case. Not so sure most people are or will wait out the stop sale.
I am sure there are units in transit as well.
What I really don't get is why guys are trying to sell used 2020s for over 20k...some guys are mid 20s just because they put a pipe on it or slip on. Unrealistic IMO and I'd prefer to just buy new.

·
Vendor
3,488 Posts
Yes I understand that it will come down to dealers. Just trying to get a better feel for a realistic deal. If they are not discounting at all then so be it but that doesn't seem like the case. Not so sure most people are or will wait out the stop sale.
I am sure there are units in transit as well.
What I really don't get is why guys are trying to sell used 2020s for over 20k...some guys are mid 20s just because they put a pipe on it or slip on. Unrealistic IMO and I'd prefer to just buy new.
Seller sets the price, not the buyer. Consumer demand can help set the price, high demand, high price. K67 is still new enough and with BMW having stop sales, there are plenty of people that want it.

Plenty of sellers can afford to set on a product and sell it to the right buyer at the price they want. Unreasonable would be more like they paid $24K and put 600 miles on it, did like it and want to resell at $26K. That would not set well with most and the seller could just keep it and enjoy it some more. No one has to sell at $19K just because they dont like the ride or BMW product after 600 miles.

Like you said, if it is a near new price used, go buy brand new and you break it in.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Like you said, if it is a near new price used, go buy brand new and you break it in.
Yep - and even though BMW limits rpm to 8/9k I still like to follow my own break in procedure. My bikes never use oil

$20k is a little pricey but this is still the best bike out there in that price range. You can spend alot of time chasing a $1500 discount. You can make that in the stock market in 5 seconds

·
Registered
12 Posts
2020 NADA value in my area is $15,600-$20,200 for a used M/select package.
Whether you put 600 miles on it or not doesn't matter, it's still a used bike with 1/3 or half of the warranty already gone.
All I would pay is about 18k for a low mile 2020. But that's me. I just don't know who in their right mind would spend more without buying new when you are talking about this kind of money.
I will continue my search and report back.
I think bmw is missing sales with this stop sale. There's a lot of competition in this category especially with the new M1000rr added to the equation.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just seen 2020 red/black with 3k miles listed at 14,590. It sold quickly.
Guy in Chicago was selling 2021 M with 176 miles for 20k. Think it was sold in 3 weeks.

But yeah, bunch of used bikes out there selling for more than you can buy it brand new.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah that 2021 was tempting for me. But I am not a fan of that white scheme they have, plus the CF wheels. I am sure the guy dropped the price even more, but since I did passed that deal, I don't think that M will ever be parked in my garage, lol.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Wow, 20k? Good deal.

Unfortunately, I'd still have to pay CA tax in order to have it registered in CA.
Everyone pays taxes and fees, some just more than others. Except maybe New Hampshire? if paying cash you can buy with a temp plate and ride a few months before dropping another $1-1400 on registering as a temporary offset.

Honestly gave up on the new one for now, was in the same boat as you hunting down a Race version, but its a lot of money paying MSRP. And every dealer up here in New England had a take it or leave it mentality, and then you can come back for more raping for the unlock & service(s).

Even found a demo model for $500 off, offered $1500 off being demo's have a kick back and dealer told me they sold it for $20k with 200 miles on it. Gave up and am picking up a single R to ride on the street that's almost new for half the cost. If you think about it, the 2019 you own is already an amazing bike, is it REALLY worth it at this point? By next winter the tables most likely will have turned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've spent the last few days shopping up and down the east coast and basically anything east of the Mississippi and nobody is budging off MSRP. In fact there's hardly any even on the floor, I found 1 M package on the floor and it was 14 hours from me (although they did come off $500 from MSRP and this was the ONLY dealer to do so). The rest already have deposits.
Not what I was expecting.
I am not sure what my next move is at this point beside to pony up.
The OP deal sounds like a good one, do CA bikes still have special emissions? LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
There's a lot of competition in this category especially with the new M1000rr added to the equation.
The M1000RR is a completely different price range, and the Ducati V4 is also considerably more expensive. I was ok shelling out $20k for what I consider the best bike in the class in that price range. If you need something cheaper there is always the bucktooth walrus nose 2021 ZX-10, but it's heavier and the dash looks cheap by comparison, I would get the previous gen RR instead (which is also easier to flash)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I finally, after talking to 50 dealers, put a deposit on one today. Got a whopping $500 off msrp. I only found 2 dealers east of the Mississippi that knocked anything off msrp. And I think only one M that was on the floor not sold.
And this is all before warm weather, tax returns, and 1.9 trillion "stimulus". 🙄
And the dealer that did it ended up being really close to me...so that was a good thing.
Sooooo anyone in the market for a spotless 2019???

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was looking only at the M / select / dynamic package which has a msrp of 22,690.
There were definitely multiple black ones offered to me but I do not like black motorcycles (I hope I don't get canceled).
For me I absolutely love the motorsport color.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts