BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 BMW S1000RR M Package
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a set of the Rizoma winglet / stealth mirrors but not so sure I'm a fan. I'm just trying to figure out what you think of the bar end mirrors vs the Stealth mirrors. It just seems it would be hard looking down to the end of the bars?

I would love to see some pics of some of your mirror setups.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I had a crg arrow on my left side (imho best bar end mirror). Was screwed onto the bar end.

• wider viewing angle. Can get away with 1 and it allows you to see almost to the other side as well.
  • looks vs oem (subjective
  • easier to remove for the track (1 screw), especially if using 1 mirror
  • mirror can catch objects beside it (lane splitting, garage ****, etc)
  • slight neg to look down. Not that bad peripherally.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I only have a round Rizoma bar end mirror on the driver's side. It has a shade of blue to match the BMW mirrors, and I have it tilted up a little so you can glance over to look behind you. I wouldn't say I like mirrors, though; I always shoulder check. There should be a picture on my profile and in other comments!

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don’t have the Rizoma mirrors but I keep hearing they aren’t the best in terms of vision.
I get the fact that the stock mirrors are a bit dorky but they do the the job. With the stock mirrors I need to move my elbow to see behind me but I’ve gotten used to it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
All of the sport bikes I've owned requires me to do the funky chicken to see behind me. This is the case with my 04 ZX-10R. It's the case with my K67. And was the case for my 09 848 with the optional mirror larger mirror spacers to move the mirror further out from the nose fairing.

·
Registered
2022 BMW S1000RR Passion Edition
2 Posts
Just A question, the Rizoma mirrors look pretty sweet, but i dont see signal lights..... Are you still legit to ride on street without front signal lights or are we to use hand gestures after install? I did see a set on AliExpres that are knowck offs that have a signal light that comes with them, look exactly like Rizoma @ about $250 for the pair. Youtube video also showing install.. look pretty good, cant obviously speak to the quality.... I'm considering it for near future.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
34 Posts
Just fitted them yesterday. IMO they're not great. Although if I lift my elbow slightly, visibility is fine. Not as great as stock obviously.

Had bar ends on my last bike, didn't really like them. Plus it makes filtering a tiny bit harder. Idk, psychologically gives the perception of being wider.

Here's a first person view.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR Clubsport
34 Posts
signal light
I saw the knockoff Rizoma's with integrated lights.

Had a look at many others. The emblem roundel ones looked okay, but I doubt they'd be legal in a lot of countries. The NRC ones definitely didn't look like they were meant to be there, like pasted on plastic.

In the end opted for the Rizoma ones instead. Just for a "factory" clean look. There's an M1000RR version too where the lights are higher up, above the handlebars and below the mirrors.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts