BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE to be a part of August's Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Have you taken your beemer to the tail of Dragon yet?
Yes, after 600 mile service I rode the Dragon one evening after work. I’m currently wrapping up a construction project in Knoxville, so Deals Gap is less than an hour ride from the job site. I rode it a couple dozen times last season on my R1 and FZ10.
The RR did very well; I really like the brake feel and steady as a rock mid-turn.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes, after 600 mile service I rode the Dragon one evening after work. I’m currently wrapping up a construction project in Knoxville, so Deals Gap is less than an hour ride from the job site. I rode it a couple dozen times last season on my R1 and FZ10.
The RR did very well; I really like the brake feel and steady as a rock mid-turn.
Compared to my MT10 you are absolutely correct with the way brake feel is and it turns on a dime. Be safe

·
Registered
72 Posts
Compared to my MT10 you are absolutely correct with the way brake feel is and it turns on a dime. Be safe
I actually enjoyed my FZ10 on the Dragon more than my sportbikes. It’s fun to crank those big bars around the tight turns and wheelie out. I love riding Cherahola Skyway on my fast bikes; great combination of sweeping turns, elevation changes, and tight corners and it’s nice and long. Ride on!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Luckily the first six months I had the bike was able to put 6k miles on the clock. Then I lost 4.5 months of the bike being at the dealer, but I quickly put another 800 miles on the bike before the heat from our miserable Florida summers rolls in. Got pulled away and took a job working only 3 months when I refused to commit fraud and was dismissed. Completely miserable being taken away form ones motorcycle. The only job I have ever had where an employer actually told me that they don’t allow their employees to own or ride motorcycles because they are too dangerous and high risk. But they allow drinking and driving.

I retire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Luckily the first six months I had the bike was able to put 6k miles on the clock. Then I lost 4.5 months of the bike being at the dealer, but I quickly put another 800 miles on the bike before the heat from our miserable Florida summers rolls in. Got pulled away and took a job working only 3 months when I refused to commit fraud and was dismissed. Completely miserable being taken away form ones motorcycle. The only job I have ever had where an employer actually told me that they don’t allow their employees to own or ride motorcycles because they are too dangerous and high risk. But they allow drinking and driving.

I retire.
Enjoy your retirement you have earned it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
22 picked up in Jan and 7900 miles as of yesterday. This machine is a pure joy to ride! Oh and I've put 3k on my Vrod so far this year too :)
10 k miles between 2 bikes in 8 months . So you must live in a good climate area and be able to ride all year round. Good for you and keep it up.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR
18 Posts
My '22 is somewhere around 2300 miles. I'll have to get an exact reading when I get home. I have a 90+ mile round trip to work every day so I can stack miles quickly, especially when you add in the obligatory weekend rides.

Reactions: Natnaz13
21 - 40 of 41 Posts