BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Install a On/Off Switch for Headlights and tail light. Info needed for a 2021 BMW S1000RR.
I am wanting to Wire in an On/Off Switch for my Headlights and tail light. I would like to have 2 switch mode one for headlight and one for tail light. Unfortunately I have been looking for two months for a detailed wiring schematic of the headlight and tail light system on my new 2021 S 1000RR and to no prevail. Does anybody have any connections for getting me a wiring schematic for the fuse block and the headlight and tail light wiring schematic? Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated thank you very much. I am an electronic tech so I know how to read wiring schematics.

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
Bond... James Bond. Shaken -- not stirred.

• Haha
Reactions: bennymx

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
About that wiring schematic - anyone have one ?:sleep:
No actually I am not running from cops! Yikes I Never even thought of that angle !:eek: - To clarify my Mode of operation = ALL lights OFF for when I leave my driveway in the morning and not wanting to light BEAM the sh## out of my neighbors house where their dogs go crazy seeing the lights which gets them all barking in a psycho way - waking up my neighbors and my elderly mother who I am the main care giver for. The lights make the dogs go crazy but the sound of moto leaving does not, hmmmm. Note: because the days are shorter up here now, the moto lights are more in your face noticeable, just ask the dogs, haha as they go NUTS. And as far as to why I want the Tail light off headlights on it is so when I and friends go to a private track in the late afternoon we have access to, my motos tail lights don't Blind the following Motos. Yes, I been taping them but I would like just like a switch, it is just easier. But Thanks for the good advice for a Free from bars and long uninjured life -- Don't ever run from cops - lights or not!!:oops:

This is not going to be me.
Don't run from cops

:oops:

· Banned
3,422 Posts
About that wiring schematic - anyone have one ?:sleep:
No actually I am not running from cops! Yikes I Never even thought of that angle !:eek: - To clarify my Mode of operation = ALL lights OFF for when I leave my driveway in the morning and not wanting to light BEAM the sh## out of my neighbors house where their dogs go crazy seeing the lights which gets them all barking in a psycho way - waking up my neighbors and my elderly mother who I am the main care giver for. The lights make the dogs go crazy but the sound of moto leaving does not, hmmmm. Note: because the days are shorter up here now, the moto lights are more in your face noticeable, just ask the dogs, haha as they go NUTS. And as far as to why I want the Tail light off headlights on it is so when I and friends go to a private track in the late afternoon we have access to, my motos tail lights don't Blind the following Motos. Yes, I been taping them but I would like just like a switch, it is just easier. But Thanks for the good advice for a Free from bars and long uninjured life -- Don't ever run from cops - lights or not!!:oops:

This is not going to be me.
Don't run from cops

:oops:
No offense, but that's a natural question, glad the answer is no! Awesome that you're thinking of your neighbors, even if their dogs are psycho! More people need to train their mutts with bark/shock collars. I [email protected] hate dogs that are left outside to bark all day. My buddy had his dog trained that way, and it was awesome, great dog, never barked. He said he'd done that with all his dogs over the years.

Taping taillights works, but you stand a chance of melting the glue all over the lights, especially the front lights. If you're tracking it, pull the fuses BEFORE you tape. Honestly, if you can't find a schematic (I'd try buying the shop repair manual from BMW, it should have one), maybe the easiest thing is to make some kind of "plug" that mimic's the fuse blades, with the switch (and a separate inline fuse holder!) wired to that? This way you still have switches, you're not cutting into the wiring, you're still protecting the circuits with the correct fuse, and if you want to return it to normal, it's as simple as replacing the "plug" with a fuse. Fab one up!

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
There is no single fuse for the K67 on the lighting circuit.

The GM handles the on and off of the lights.

There is no DVD shop manual sold for the K67 any longer by the dealers.

Get you a test light and DMM. So simple to unplug the connectors at the headlight and the tail lights. Find ground wire. Cut the ground wire and put a switch on themmmm.. as in you want to control the front and rear separate... so yes, you will need 2 switches.

Reactions: bennymx

· Banned
3,422 Posts
There is no single fuse for the K67 on the lighting circuit.

The GM handles the on and off of the lights.

There is no DVD shop manual sold for the K67 any longer by the dealers.

Get you a test light and DMM. So simple to unplug the connectors at the headlight and the tail lights. Find ground wire. Cut the ground wire and put a switch on themmmm.. as in you want to control the front and rear separate... so yes, you will need 2 switches.
Wow. Normally the headlights at least have their own fuse, does that fuse protect all kinds of other stuff now?

Sucks about the shop manuals now, I remember reading about that. I'm glad I have one for my 2015!

· Banned
3,422 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Tons for the info. I also am involved in farming with those big ass tractors and not to go off on a tangent, but Farmers and lawyers are currently in a movement called "RIGHT TO REPAIR" sounds like Motorcycle companies are doing the same damn thing. See info here Farmers Across America Are Suing for the Right to Repair Their John Deere Tractors .Companies and their unscrupulous ways are taking the RIGHT TO REPAIR AWAY from use the owners of the vehicle. They are working it into the business models to charge you Big $$$ to repair your stuff. I tried to buy a shop manual for the 2021 S1000RR K67 and was told NO GO and they(my dealer) have no Idea if the DVD will ever be available. WAIT there is more.... I was told the DVD, is actually available, BUT BMW Germany just does not want us to have it. This is because of the new business model that wants to have CONTROL of your Moto. Also I was told that the DVD does NOT even have a wiring schematic included, however I find that hard to believe, but makes sense because mechanical repairs can be easily reversed engineered BUT unless you have a Fugaku supercomputer in your basement or BMW Electrical wiring schematic along with the ECU diagnostics your SH## out of luck.

All in all - Thanks for the heads up about the wiring ideas. I am a bit worried with these New BMWs however that the ECU is checking Electrical impedance and static resistance within the light circuit, seeing the LEDs are actually pulse modulated at something north of 100Hz, and without feedback from the LED Lights and circuit, the ECU is going to through an error code onto the BMWs display letting me know my Lights are malfunctioning. Just a thought, knowing how German engineers think. That is where a detailed chip level schematic with test readings would be very helpful. All in all looks like we are all screwed with "RIGHT NOT TO REPAIR" So bend over and assume the position and hand over the Big $$$$ or use your BMW Moto as one Big Door Stop. Looks like I am going to have to go back to my old school Bicycle for my transportation! I want the "THE RIGHT TO REPAIR"! :mad:

· Vendor
5,227 Posts
There are no schematics in the DVD repair manual.

You are not out of luck in making your own repairs. You just need to reverse engineer what you brought. If you are into electronic engineering and mechanical engineering type stuff then this is easy.

The really hard part of the K67 is that several modules now hold parts of each function. The GM turns everything on. The GM is the director of function you can look at it that way too.

The TFT cluster and even the K46 cluster are nothing but scan tools and CAN BUS directors.

The DME / ECU has the injector drivers, coil drivers, and alot of the DTC function of the bike.

The ABS module of the K67 became more important in its role as it holds code for the ABS and the Ride Mode Pro functions.

ESA control DDC

So these are the simple break downs of the modules.

Reactions: bennymx and SimonUK

· Registered
13 Posts
Goal is to have a Multi control Switch - With Settings = 1) Both Headlight &Tail light ON 2) Both Headlight &Tail light OFF 3) Headlight ON but Tai lightl OFF
I'm new here too welcome but this caught my eye I want to do the
Goal is to have a Multi control Switch - With Settings = 1) Both Headlight &Tail light ON 2) Both Headlight &Tail light OFF 3) Headlight ON but Tai lightl OFF
I'm new here too welcome bro this caught my eye I want to do the same I wanna be like whodini 😂

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.