BMW S1000RR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
The ohlins dampener the wsbk teams use are valved completely different making them capable of being much stiffer. Look it up. My race buddy just got his ohlins dampener from his zx10 r back from Ohlins and it is twice as stiff. Before I spent 400 on that the gpr is 475 and a lot easier to adjust based on its location.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Oddly enough, many things on WSBK bikes are different than on our road bikes. :)

But a stock Ohlins damper is not preventing us track rats from achieving amazing lap times.

I am certain the GPR is a nice unit as well - which is likely similarly customized for those top racers who use one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 2017 s1000rr, will the gpr steering damper that fits the 2015 fit on the 2017 aswell?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I like GPR but make sure you get steering head nut torque spec correct. Ohlins are good but theydo leak after time BITUBO GAS damper are also excellent .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I like GPR but make sure you get steering head nut torque spec correct. Ohlins are good but theydo leak after time BITUBO GAS damper are also excellent .
Thanks 4 that info, i think il go gpr because its the only damper that mounts at the bars, i need 2 adjust on the fly coz of the bad roads here in ireland.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Thanks 4 that info, i think il go gpr because its the only damper that mounts at the bars, i need 2 adjust on the fly coz of the bad roads here in ireland.
You sure there's nothing wrong I'm on Irish roads on a 17 and standard is fine

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah your right standard one is good, works well but you have to get off the bike to adjust it, i think i got to used of the electronic ones on the r1 down threw the years.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts