BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is 2013 S1k. Only track use. How is Oem Damper compared to Ohlins or GPR?

Which is better? Ohlins or GPR? (performance wise)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Gpr is much better than the ohlins. Gpr is easier to adjust than the ohlins being on the steering stem. You can easily get twice as much dampening on the gpr over the ohlins. One last time don't get the ohlins.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Gpr is much better than the ohlins. Gpr is easier to adjust than the ohlins being on the steering stem. You can easily get twice as much dampening on the gpr over the ohlins. One last time don't get the ohlins.

+1, as well ohlins has had recall before on some of its dampers. I love my GPR. Adjustability, looks, never leaked, great service from company, btw i have mine set to 8-10...couldn't imagine how stiff itd b at max.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was not expecting such positive reviews for GPR. I think I need to give it a try but its difficult to install. Do I need to remove steering nut?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I had an Ohlins damper which had been on my GSXR 1000, after 2 trackdays with the BMW, I decided to fit the Ohlins, it's the same damper, just the fittings are slightly different, but I used the OEM BMW spacers and it fit fine.

I cannot describe how much more stable it is with the Ohlins damper, the front felt like it was 'squirming' on full power (at the track) but with the Ohlins damper it is just stable.

I have never tried a GPR but would be interested to, however since the Ohlins was there, I saved the money for other parts.

Just my 2c

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had an Ohlins damper which had been on my GSXR 1000, after 2 trackdays with the BMW, I decided to fit the Ohlins, it's the same damper, just the fittings are slightly different, but I used the OEM BMW spacers and it fit fine.

I cannot describe how much more stable it is with the Ohlins damper, the front felt like it was 'squirming' on full power (at the track) but with the Ohlins damper it is just stable.

I have never tried a GPR but would be interested to, however since the Ohlins was there, I saved the money for other parts.

Just my 2c
Your BMW which year?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I was not expecting such positive reviews for GPR. I think I need to give it a try but its difficult to install. Do I need to remove steering nut?
Yea to steering nut.. There has been a post on this a while back. Search "gpr install". Ez but once its on....?

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
[iurl="http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=135946&d=1456488118"]
[/iurl]

The 2011 gpr v4 model on my 2015 BMW.

No issues on fitment of tabs to triple clamp? Thought redesign of 15 might mean changing something...sidenote...black v4 on black 14 for me...mmmm sexy all black...?

·
Registered
107 Posts
mibridger: 2015 S1000RR comes with adjustable oem damper with 10 clicks. Is oem not worth?
I was thinking the same thing... Are the 1st Gen S1KRR adjustable?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I often get a tankslapper or atleast some small wobbles each time i pull long (High) wheelies... (When i put the bike down) And im not hanging on to the handlebar.. I just try to grip the tank as mutch as i could with my legs and knees.. But im not the strongest chick around so... :serious::smile2:

Anyone else have the same issue?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts