BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently upgraded my '10 S1K with Ohlins TTX GP out back and FGRT up front from Kyle Racing. Recording the whole install/adjustment process over the past few months to get where I am now. Will share the vids here as I get them posted. Also replaced the rear swing arm for a polished one from @BMW_388 to match the tank I polished. Hopefully serves as a decent reference for anyone needing to remove/install suspension/swingarm.

·
Registered
2004 BMW R1150R, 2017 BMW R1200GS, 2020 BMW S1000RR
357 Posts
Thanks for posting. Although I am mechanically inept I enjoy watching these types of video. A quick question...is your rear tire a Michelin Road 5? If so, how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting. Although I am mechanically inept I enjoy watching these types of video. A quick question...is your rear tire a Michelin Road 5? If so, how do you like it?
glad you enjoyed. did a lot to the bike over the last few months, so plenty more vids coming on it.

no, that's a road 4, been on there for over 3 years before going to the bike butcher in NY. had them in mountains and on COTA, and grip plenty good for my ability. They did slide out from under me going up 34 to estes one morning, but i made way to sharp of a turn and deserved it. walked the rear, then front, then rear, then front, then it grabbed solid again and keep upright thankfully.

such a different pattern than the pilot power RS's i have sitting on the BST wheels for the aprilia. those things look like a near race tire, much less tread, but they're supposed to still be good on wet pavement, so i'll see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts