BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
221 - 236 of 236 Posts

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
If you were working with San Jose BMW in California, you might be in luck...

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
If you were working with San Jose BMW in California, you might be in luck...

View attachment 217604
Are ppl lining upto buy what is essentially overpriced machinery for street use? Unless they are racing, even regular track day goers won’t get much more from the m1000 than the s1000. This forum might also just have a handful of riders (like Dylan and Speedfinn) capable of extracting performance from the m. What is even the point for others?

·
Administrator
2021 S1000RR M Sport
8,116 Posts
It's not about that @gmten . It never is. Motorcycles are complete wank. They are the poor mans sports car. Its all about image. That is most of the sales of the more expensive limited edition models. A few track guys with money will strip them and actually race or track them. Most are lounge room pieces or Sunday cruisers. Its the nature of the industry.

·
8,410 Posts
There is a niche market for bikes in $35k+ range. BMW had to price it to compete with V4R. Released it mainly for WSBK.
Honda RR-R SP is on par with both bikes for $28.5k, you get better components on brakes & susp. People finance such bikes, which makes zero sense to me.

No one races these bikes stock, by the time you have race ECU, full system, susp, etc... you are at $50k. Still gets gapped by a clapped out GSXR. If $$ is not a problem why not?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
It's not about that @gmten . It never is. Motorcycles are complete wank. They are the poor mans sports car. Its all about image. That is most of the sales of the more expensive limited edition models. A few track guys with money will strip them and actually race or track them. Most are lounge room pieces or Sunday cruisers. Its the nature of the industry.
Agreed. And so well put.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are ppl lining upto buy what is essentially overpriced machinery for street use? Unless they are racing, even regular track day goers won’t get much more from the m1000 than the s1000. This forum might also just have a handful of riders (like Dylan and Speedfinn) capable of extracting performance from the m. What is even the point for others?
With this line of thought most should stay away from any superbike and just buy a naked instead...
For me it was a quite simple choice, the difference in price was not expressive, so why not get a more exclusive model, which is also superior is several aspects?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The M1000RR is a sexy bike. Compared to my 2017 S1RR, the M1RR will be more precise, quicker, and possess refined engineering features. Echoing the earlier sentiment, @bennymx statement rings true for me - I don't have the coin for a new red Ferrari. The M1RR is the next best thing :cool:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The M1000RR is a sexy bike. Compared to my 2017 S1RR, the M1RR will be more precise, quicker, and possess refined engineering features. Echoing the earlier sentiment, @bennymx statement rings true for me - I don't have the coin for a new red Ferrari. The M1RR is the next best thing :cool:
How is it quicker exactly ? Can you post some data to back it up ? Lap times ?

·
BT Moto
1,258 Posts
How is it quicker exactly ? Can you post some data to back it up ? Lap times ?
Nate Kern has said his M1000RR is faster than his HP4 Race around a track.

Reactions: Fosters

·
Registered
11 Posts
Serious question: will the fairings and sticker for the m1000rr fit the s1000rr? I don't care for the m1000rr specs, financially speaking, but I do love the looks... Can I get an s1000rr with the looks of the m1000rr??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Serious question: will the fairings and sticker for the m1000rr fit the s1000rr? I don't care for the m1000rr specs, financially speaking, but I do love the looks... Can I get an s1000rr with the looks of the m1000rr??
Stickers, yes (there is another topic with pictures where the OP applied on his).

Wings will not be P&P, but with some adaptations could be fitted. Replacing the entire original side fairings will probably be quite expensive.

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
I am sure the Chinese will copy the M1000 body for S1000 application by the end of summer. Dont knock the chinese plastic too much, it fits really well and the tabs are very thick and dont break like they did in the past on the GSXR's.

You can get the S1000 body parts from BMW dealers in base white only. Then order the M1000 decals and apply those to the base white parts.

Reactions: yuri82 and Fosters

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am sure the Chinese will copy the M1000 body for S1000 application by the end of summer. Dont knock the chinese plastic too much, it fits really well and the tabs are very thick and dont break like they did in the past on the GSXR's.

You can get the S1000 body parts from BMW dealers in base white only. Then order the M1000 decals and apply those to the base white parts.
The China plastic with that look has been done for a bit now. It’s the cheapest way price wise to make your s look like the m. Well let me take that back. It might be cheaper to just buy the stickers and replace on your oem fairings. Buy some rpm carbon replica winglets and your basically there look wise minus some engine covers, and different color subframe. I personally wouldn’t wanna drill holes in new bmw plastic for the winglets which is why I would get the China set if someone wants go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
BT Moto
1,258 Posts
Weird fairings on M1K. Some stickers are cleared on to the bike. Other panels are just stickers on top of paint.

221 - 236 of 236 Posts