BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
181 - 200 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have to admit on this one, the brake calipers could have been inspiring in the least beyond some pretty blue paint. At least they are 100mm and I can test them on my Ohlins FGRT forks I plan to put in there.

I have the 212HP code. It is really nice and smooth on the K67 engine. Dyno's 199HP at the tire. At least I can change my ECU code on my M1000 right when I get off the break in limiter miles and pass 1500 miles of testing on the USA code.

Do you have advice for US-based bikes? It would be to get the prices for tech/ECU swap. I'm less-than-thrilled about the 205hp for the US-based market.

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Do you have advice for US-based bikes? It would be to get the prices for tech/ECU swap. I'm less-than-thrilled about the 205hp for the US-based market.
Its hard to give advise when the USA bikes have not even been shipped to the USA yet.

I have the official code that was designed for the M1000RR and ran at the test of 3700KM endurance among 10 teams. I have tested this on my S1000RR ( K67 ) and it runs great. I have not been to the track yet to see how the DTC reacts with good conditions on road course. The temps and rain the last 2 months has not allowed very good riding of streets even here in Texas. Morning temps at 40 degrees and barely making it to 70 by 2pm does not heat the tires very well.

I can say the throttle response is really nice. There was alot mentioned how the M1000 throttle code was worked on to provide a smoother crisp experience. The shifting does seem better and smoother as well. In the next 2 weeks warmer temps on the way in Texas, so check back then.

I will be willing to work with the right person supplying this M1000 code for testing even on a S1000RR.

Reactions: justin2210

·
Registered
7 Posts
Update on shipment:

Today, the dealer in Ohio said the next round of bikes will be released in August / September. It will be close to being a "2022" new M1000RR :cool: by the time I unbox and ride.

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Dealer called me also and indicated my bike is built. It will possibly ship to me June shipment of bikes.

Reactions: gmten and cjc

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
I would think it will be the typical summer break for Europe and then the rumors will start July and August.. September is usually some release news on something.. Maybe Racing Red will be back with some new flair to it for 22.

GPS Laptimer and DataLogger on the M package would be nice. What I am getting at here is a nice GPS based laptimer built into the TFT cluster and bike. I didnt mind adding the PZ Racing GPS device to the K46 and have realtime lap data on the cluster. Then that datalogged to the HP datalogger for review on AnnaLiza.

The M1000RR will have the GPS Laptimer. All the 163 bikes coming on the Pre-Order special are this build. Since I have my VIN this is the build sheet here.

The Fasteile Paket is the BILLET aluminum rear linkage suspension pieces

New 50mm longer swingarm on M1000RR ( That is nearly 2 inches or 1.9685 )

and then more pivot adjustments on the M1000RR K66

·
Registered
870 Posts
There seem to be two uses for the M: a competitive race bike(after many mods) and a bling bike. I guess @BMW_388 also has another use: R&D.

Those that are getting it, what are your plans for it?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I was going to get one so I could meet people at Starbucks but then I remembered I don't drink coffee so I didn't order one.

We know what the M was created for but I see nothing wrong with someone getting one to use as they would any other street bike. I'm looking forward to see this bike on track after people flash it.

·
Vendor
3,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
RPM limits released for 2021 WSBK race season. New M1000RR up 400 from factory setting 15,100 to 15,500

The 2021 MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship kicks off in just a few days and now the Revolutions Per Minute (RPM) limits for all five manufacturers competing in 2021 have been unveiled including new limits for the two brand-new machines on the 2021 grid. As in recent seasons, the performance balancing algorithm has been used to calculate the limits for each manufacturer.

Please find below the RPM limits for the 2021 WorldSBK manufacturers:

Kawasaki (RR) 2021: 14600

Ducati V4: 16100

Yamaha: 14950

BMW 2021 (M): 15500

Honda: 15600

The 2021 BMW M 1000 RR engine received multiple new components. Therefore, the CTI have decided that it has a rev limit based on calculation.

Reactions: JohnnyGT and Fatal
181 - 200 of 236 Posts