BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 1961 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
To sum it up, Great bike, but quality not worth $20K.
Fair conclusion, unfortunately.

More disturbing to me are the numerous problems with the new bike. It appears it will take a couple of years for BMW to sort everything out.

I appreciate his specific comments regarding the brakes (going from Brembo to BMW labeled brakes) noting that the new brakes are very good, although he misses the bling factor of Brembo.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
They are illegal in aus. You can't even see the plate. It's a sh1thouse design. In what world does that angle pass laws and regs? Maybe in the states but not here.
In the states I'd say 80% hide their plate. So this works perfectly for us over here. Can't wait until November to get my hands on this. Looks so much better than the Evotech one I currently have.

Edit: yes this is illegal here in my state, and many others if not all. Here in VA turn signals must be 9" apart, plate must be visible and with a light.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Yeah the evotech one is mint. I use them on all my bikes. Hiding your plate is just attracting unwanted attention. Cops over here would try to lock you up for that. The law is fked over here.
Seems excessive for them to lock someone up over that. Here they give you an "improper equipment" ticket. Most won't even give you a ticket if you stop and the cause of the stop was not being able to see plate. Show insurance info and license, and most send you on your way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cops stopped and fined a couple of riders in Sydney a few months ago for not having rear reflectors.
I got booked for the same thing up the old road a few years back on another bike. However it was because he couldn't book me for speeding as he couldn't determine which of the two bikes side by side his radar was picking up. He spent a good 10 minutes going over the bike to find anything, I walked away with a $110 fine for no rear reflector. Cheaper than the speeding ticket would have been.

·
Registered
189 Posts

https://youtu.be/FESojU5lDWg

Hi From Aragon and Troy Corser's Europe Racing School.
Was my first time pushing the 2020 RR on track harder and this video is interesting as I'm catching some 2018 RR's. Now there might be different skill levels at work as well, but still interesting to see the speed difference on the straights. Further I did 3 days on this super demanding track and my body was never exhausted like on the 2015 RR. The downside was the break shatter under heavy braking. Pretty unsettling at first but once you ignore it the bike does what it is supposed to do : crush lap times :grin2:

·
Registered
253 Posts
They are illegal in aus. You can't even see the plate. It's a sh1thouse design. In what world does that angle pass laws and regs? Maybe in the states but not here.
it can be ordered in normal position or tucked position... so not an issue for those that live where a tucked plate gets you in trouble, can just get the normal option for the typical rearward angled layout.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I got booked for the same thing up the old road a few years back on another bike. However it was because he couldn't book me for speeding as he couldn't determine which of the two bikes side by side his radar was picking up. He spent a good 10 minutes going over the bike to find anything, I walked away with a $110 fine for no rear reflector. Cheaper than the speeding ticket would have been.

lol back where i lived in Florida theyd jsut give both of you tickets... 2 bikes side by side must have both been doing the same speed is how theyd argue it... could try to fight it in court, 50/50 shot... but who wants all that hassle? im so glad i dont have to deal with that anymore.

·
Registered
659 Posts

https://youtu.be/FESojU5lDWg

Hi From Aragon and Troy Corser's Europe Racing School.
Was my first time pushing the 2020 RR on track harder and this video is interesting as I'm catching some 2018 RR's. Now there might be different skill levels at work as well, but still interesting to see the speed difference on the straights. Further I did 3 days on this super demanding track and my body was never exhausted like on the 2015 RR. The downside was the break shatter under heavy braking. Pretty unsettling at first but once you ignore it the bike does what it is supposed to do : crush lap times :grin2:
4:37 was pretty wide. Nice riding though! I can't wait till I hit the track again next year with my 2020.5 M

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yup tried a different exit and I went too early which made me run wide. Studied the track where I can run wide and did so many times in order to find my limits :)
but yes by no means perfect laps from my end haha

·
4,588 Posts
The downside was the break shatter under heavy braking. Pretty unsettling at first but once you ignore it the bike does what it is supposed to do : crush lap times :grin2:
Love Aragon! Awesome track!

What do you mean by shatter? Brakes on new RR are supposed to be better than previous model.

1921 - 1940 of 1961 Posts