BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1961 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
I forgot which thread I posted about the underslung rear caliper in. :rolleyes: Removed the wheels to mount slicks today. Rear removal and reinstall was a piece of cake. Sliding the caliper forward instead of to the rear is a huge improvement for track day riders and racers. Fast Frank's captive spacers will not be needed. Oddly the front fought me tooth and nail because the spacer between the bearings would not stay lined up. 30 minutes of expletives trying to get things lined up just to get the front axle in. :crying:

·
Vendor
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,902
I forgot which thread I posted about the underslung rear caliper in. :rolleyes: Removed the wheels to mount slicks today. Rear removal and reinstall was a piece of cake. Sliding the caliper forward instead of to the rear is a huge improvement for track day riders and racers. Fast Frank's captive spacers will not be needed. Oddly the front fought me tooth and nail because the spacer between the bearings would not stay lined up. 30 minutes of expletives trying to get things lined up just to get the front axle in. :crying:
I had this same issues with the front spacer in the wheel. I made a pointed nylon drive pin just slightly smaller than the front axle. I insert that from the left side of the bike and it lines up the spacer, and then put the axle in from the right side and it pushes the drive pin out and it all lines up very fast and easy now.

The rear did get alot better with the caliper stay bracket being able to move forward off its perch. Wish I had noticed that the first 3000 miles I flipped rear tires on and off.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
I had this same issues with the front spacer in the wheel. I made a pointed nylon drive pin just slightly smaller than the front axle. I insert that from the left side of the bike and it lines up the spacer, and then put the axle in from the right side and it pushes the drive pin out and it all lines up very fast and easy now.
I'll buy one from you if you are selling them. :smile2: I do not want to go through that again at a track or race day when in a hurry. :frown2:

·
Registered
14 Posts

The rear did get alot better with the caliper stay bracket being able to move forward off its perch. Wish I had noticed that the first 3000 miles I flipped rear tires on and off.
Are you able (and willing?) to post a photo and a drawing (or rough dimensions) please? Very good idea.

·
Registered
42 Posts
A bit quiet here....wheres all the guys that was saying when I get my new 2020 I'm going to paint/vinyl it black ??

Seen none so far anywhere apart from this custom one.
When I get my new 2020 I’m going to strip it completely and convert it to a track-only bike 🙂
Since black is too plain it will be pretty colourfull 😛

·
Registered
715 Posts
Its the race kit you can buy from the alpha website. It's about $7k and you can display whatever you like because the motec is completely programmable.

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Its the race kit you can buy from the alpha website. It's about $7k and you can display whatever you like because the motec is completely programmable.
Partially right.Would you pay 5890 euros for a Motech dash with the M race ecu and then have it flashed by Bren? I think not. Link to the Alpha parts:

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_cvs_info&cPath=393_559_905_941_945&products_id=22944&zenid=o3476g7gc1vu8bgm2vmobbgqa1&cPath=393_559_905_941_945&

There are much cheaper methods to find out what your water temp is even though the pic says "engine temp" What does engine temp even mean? Oil temp would be more useful. MHO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Partially right.Would you pay 5890 euros for a Motech dash with the M race ecu and then have it flashed by Bren? I think not. Link to the Alpha parts:

https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_cvs_info&cPath=393_559_905_941_945&products_id=22944&zenid=o3476g7gc1vu8bgm2vmobbgqa1&cPath=393_559_905_941_945&

There are much cheaper methods to find out what your water temp is even though the pic says "engine temp" What does engine temp even mean? Oil temp would be more useful. MHO.
and oil pressure even more useful...

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
A bit quiet here....wheres all the guys that was saying when I get my new 2020 I'm going to paint/vinyl it black ??

Seen none so far anywhere apart from this custom one.
Most of those dudes can't even afford it.
I think they saw the bike in person and said to themselves "This doesn't look bad". I was never a "black bike" guy. I actually think it takes away from the curve/flow of a motorcycle. Although I do want to wrap mine in "chrome blue" think it will look amazing with all my carbon, but I'm scared to pull the trigger.

1901 - 1920 of 1961 Posts