BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1958 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,257 Posts
I'm sure @bennymx would know what's going down here in Oz
100% correct. First container has been delivered and all bikes are either at the dealers or on their way. I have my hands on some also. My actual personal bike is due in a few months. I was late on the trigger. But it's pretty cold and wet down here so I am in no rush.

·
Registered
228 Posts
100% correct. First container has been delivered and all bikes are either at the dealers or on their way. I have my hands on some also. My actual personal bike is due in a few months. I was late on the trigger. But it's pretty cold and wet down here so I am in no rush.
Niiiice! So you're in the same boat as me then. Sounds like you should be pulling strings lol

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
@bennymx just like the M5 has the factory //M performance exhaust option, will there be a similar option spec for the s1000RR? It’ll save all that metal wasted on the huge, heavy and quiet stock exhaust that will gather dust in our garages.

·
Super Moderator
6,257 Posts
@bennymx just like the M5 has the factory //M performance exhaust option, will there be a similar option spec for the s1000RR? It’ll save all that metal wasted on the huge, heavy and quiet stock exhaust that will gather dust in our garages.
The exhausts are normally a while away from being available. Although Akrapovic will have their full system available for purchase. It needs to be homologated so it can be used by each specific country. This process typically takes a while. The race system with no cat may be available sooner than the street legal system. We have seen with the last model that the HP titanium exhaust system still has a huge cat so the benefit is not there for the customer. The old HP4 style system had that smaller cat which some people could live with.

HP4

2017-2018

2019/2020

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
They can't sell you a full exhaust as it won't meet emissions. They will sell you a slip-on
Yes but I thought that emissions has a manufacturer-wide quota - not all vehicles have to meet standards, there's is a large percentage of them that have to comply. That's how the performance hypercars and super-cars play it. I am not an expert in this area and could be off in my understanding.

·
Registered
61 Posts
They can't sell you a full exhaust as it won't meet emissions. They will sell you a slip-on
If it's homologated with a cat, they can sell a full system np. Akra has one as posted above. Most full systems don't come with a cat but doesn't mean they could.

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Is there a link anywhere for all the oem parts and accessories numbers for the new RR? I normally use the Max BMW page, but they don’t have the new bike up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,353 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
81 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
News from Canberra :

We have just spoken to BMW Motorrad Australia, who advised us that a number of customers have pre-purchased bikes subject to a test ride. Regrettably there are no dealers in Australia with bikes in stock or available for a test ride at the moment. Stock is coming in for customers, but worldwide demand has outstripped supply at the moment. Should a customer place an order now (for an MSport which is the most sought after version), stock is due in approx late October according to current estimates. If you're interested in placing an early order, please contact the Rolfe Classic BMW Motorrad team

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
Yep. No dealer stock or demo's until customer orders are filled. You know how good it is. You don't need a test ride. Put your money where your mouth is.

There is a demo bike making its rounds in Canada. And I’m sure the States has a few also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
So if the pre buyer takes it for a "test ride" and prefers his 15 or 18 ... does it make his bike second hand and will it be offered to next buyer like me ?

1341 - 1360 of 1958 Posts