BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1981 - 1986 of 1986 Posts

·
Vendor
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,981 ·
Can you update the SW/FW in the 2020 M bike to the gps lap timer that comes in the M 1000RR? I searched on that topic and did not find a definitive answer. Any thoughts?
I have not been able to find the wiring data yet on the M1000RR. I need to see how the new GPS lap timer will interface to the M1000RR and hope that it can do the same on the S1000RR.

the best approach to me is BlueTooth. That would allow the K66 and the K67 to share the same interface method.

The next approach would be the extra port in the back of the TFT screen. That appears to be a 2nd interface connection and the R1250GS uses that port on its 2nd TFT screen.

The next approach is the old style CAN BUS connection as it works nearly the same from the K46 to the K67, and likely to the K66.

I have already been able to program the K67 TFT cluster to an exact K66 TFT cluster. I have the calibrations now where the speedo and the tach are reading correctly. The speedo limitation on the M1000RR is going to be 190MPH. The K67 limitation is 193MPH. I have managed to get it to read to 217MPH, but, the calibration is off at that time and it was really only doing about 200MPH based on my DynoJet speedo. Now the calibrations are correct and 150MPH is 150MPH and 12000RPM is 12000RPM.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
@BMW_388 Thats pretty awesome man. So is the code already in the ECU and just needs to be activated or did you have to do some interesting magic?

·
Vendor
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,984 · (Edited)
I will post some information that will clear up some posts made in another thread about the calipers on the M1000RR ( K66 ) vs the new 2022 S1000RR ( K67 ) M package

The new 2022 and just a few 2021 M packaged S1000RR got blue Nissin calipers. These blue Nissin calipers will have K66 embossed on the back side of them.

Where the confusion is what about the black Nissin calipers which are replacing the Hayes calipers and all new 21/22 S1000RR are now released with the new Nissin Caliper.

So the black caliper is also embossed with K66 just as the blue ///M caliper.

Then there is the brake pistons. Some have posted some completely wrong information here.

The brake pistons are 30mm or to be exact 30.20mm, but they are called 30mm pistons.

The brake pistons are heavy steel with some kind of coating, maybe a Teflon coating. See picture I stuck one to a magnet in 2 positions.

The pads are exactly the same in the Black calipers as they are in the Blue calipers. 772962GH

So as you can see everyone with a Nissin Caliper black or blue K67 or K66 has the same caliper and the same pads.

Light Bag Personal protective equipment Hood Electric blue

Calipers Blue Light Automotive tire Font

Hood Wheel Motor vehicle Tire Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

Bumper Tool Bicycle part Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Blue Gas Auto part Electric blue Wire

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is it a DLC coating or something else with similar teflon characteristics?

Do you see any difference in the quality of the caliper finishing beyond the colour?

Good to have the 30mm piston confirmed. 17mm Master cylinders ftw. 17RCS etc. Don't reuse a 19RCS fronlm a previous Beemer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1981 - 1986 of 1986 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.