BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd write up a few things about the BMW Motorrad saddlebags/panniers since I've not seen anything about them. If there is something already about them I apologise.

First off I think they must be made by SW-Motech because it's such a similar system to theirs.

I've never seen the blaze panniers in the wild but fromwhat I've seen in pictures I think there are some differences.

They are not the Sw-Motech red on the inside just black.

They seem much smaller.

With the BMW bags the Velcro connector goes under the seat so there are no clips needed to stop them from coming off the bars. Locating the connecting straps under the seat also makes them pretty hard to steal without cutting.

The BMW bags are very rigid and are molded on the back so the seat fairing fits right into it.

They seem solid and I couldn't see any movement in my mirrors.

They are sufficient for a few days away and of course you can still have a passenger or a tail bag and/or a tank bag for longer trips.

I've included some photos of what all I put in them, what they look like expanded and not expanded. I also took a shot of how the molded indentation on the back matches up with the seat fairing. Of course there is a picture of how they look on the bike.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
955 Posts
thanks for the info.
- are they waterproof?
- how much do they cost?
- will they rub on the read fairing at all? (i.e. do you need to put some protective film on first?

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks for the info.
- are they waterproof?
- how much do they cost?
- will they rub on the read fairing at all? (i.e. do you need to put some protective film on first?
They come with waterproof bags that you can see in the bottom left of the first picture.

They were £297 before VAT.

They didn't seem to rub. They come with some paint protection film.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Those look very nice, i have the sw-motech version. Not really happy with them due to the arm attachments cracking from one trip otherwise they look good.

Looks like the right bag sits considerably higher to accommodate the stock exhaust.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the right bag sits considerably higher to accommodate the stock exhaust.
Yes, I'm not sure of the volume and again I'm just going by the pictures I've seen but I think the BMW bags are smaller.

Both of the bags are the same size and sit at the same level on both sides.

I did have one concern. I've purchased an evotech tail tidy that I haven't installed yet. The indicators look like they will sit between the bags but due to the tail tidy's indicator mounting points being spaced closer together I don't think the tips of the indicators will touch the bags.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, I'm not sure of the volume and again I'm just going by the pictures I've seen but I think the BMW bags are smaller.

Both of the bags are the same size and sit at the same level on both sides.

I did have one concern. I've purchased an evotech tail tidy that I haven't installed yet. The indicators look like they will sit between the bags but due to the tail tidy's indicator mounting points being spaced closer together I don't think the tips of the indicators will touch the bags.

Were you able to install the Evotech tail tidy with the bags? Do you have any pics?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Were you able to install the Evotech tail tidy with the bags? Do you have any pics?
Don't have evotech, but very similar tilted tail of the graves with stock blinkers fits hella flush. This is the only pic i could find at work, but if the blinkers aren't extended beyond the width of a US license plate it should fit just fine..check the SW Motech "pannier" thread for some additional pics https://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s1000rr-hp4-appearance/195138-i-ve-receive-my-new-panniers.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts