BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in need of new pads (front and rear) in order to pass inspection.
Anybody have some laying around after upgrading to aftermarket? I'm still researching which pads id like and want to get the state inspection done first. Thanks in advance!

·
4,645 Posts
I have a new set of Brembo RC racing pads. I'll let the set go for a good price. I ordered way too many of them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you located z00? How much? I was thinking something cheap while I research...did you find the Brembo SC's too aggressive for street?

·
4,645 Posts
I'm in Raleigh. SC were fine on the street. If you're looking for something cheap then Brembo ain't for you lol

I like Brembo and Vesrah rjl xx. Both run about $180 a set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah just looking for something to tide me over until I have time to do due diligence on the right pads for my needs. Was just hoping someone local had a set they didn't want / use and I could just pick up (I'd still pay for them of course)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Front only/:

Hey guys I'm in need of new pads (front and rear) in order to pass inspection.
Anybody have some laying around after upgrading to aftermarket? I'm still researching which pads id like and want to get the state inspection done first. Thanks in advance!
I have some front ones with about 1500 miles on them, still plenty of life left. Name your price, shipping from Northeast Louisiana.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I know you are doing this to pass inspection and I get it. Keep in mind when you install those used pads you may in fact feel the brakes.

The pads were bedded in on a different set of rotors - you have no idea which pads were in which location(unless the person selling them marked them) so they have a marginal wear pattern to them if you will.

So they may feel or produce some vibrations - they may just not feel great until they wear a little - or they may be fine - just an FYI.

Scotch Brite your rotors even for these pads - just get all the brake material off of them it will help especially putting on the used pads.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know you are doing this to pass inspection and I get it. Keep in mind when you install those used pads you may in fact feel the brakes.

The pads were bedded in on a different set of rotors - you have no idea which pads were in which location(unless the person selling them marked them) so they have a marginal wear pattern to them if you will.

So they may feel or produce some vibrations - they may just not feel great until they wear a little - or they may be fine - just an FYI.

Scotch Brite your rotors even for these pads - just get all the brake material off of them it will help especially putting on the used pads.
You can do what you wish, but for me used pads would be like used oil. But I understand fiscal restraint. As Bruce said, it may take a while to bed them in before they work at a reasonable level.
Didn't even think of this, thank you fellas!

·
4,645 Posts
Didn't even think of this, thank you fellas!
I tried to indirectly tell you new brake pads is the way to go. I would not waste time on used ones.
Let me know if you want RC Brembo for $180 shipped. Brembo has a nice diagram on their site on how they compare to SC pads.

I run racing pads on the street and they work fine. If you're an aggressive rider they actually work better than street-only pads. I don't ride in the rain on the street, that's where one needs to be more careful with racing pads on the street.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts