BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to begin with, kindly put moral, legal and other issues of the sort aside. I am not condoning any fraudulent or illegal activity.
i do not want this turning from a simple maybe what if/ maybe how to question to turn into an all out argument or bash fest as to right and wrong.

i would like to know if its possible to do an odometer correction on the S1000RR/HP4 (pre 2015). I understand thus far that the total mileage is stored both on the ECU as well as the dash and any inconsistency in either would cause the mileage to flash on the dash. In the event that something does happen, and it needs to be adjusted or corrected and there is no access to a dealer that can provide the necessary services, how can it be done??

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yup, it can be done, but the hassle and expense is high. There are dodge third party devices and software tools that may enable it. But invariably this is an illegal activity, and most people who do it are dishonest scum seeking to hide mileage and limit depreciation.

·
Administrator
6,627 Posts
From the dealer's point of view this activity is warranted when the cluster is damaged and must be replaced. They will match the new cluster mileage to that shown in the ECU. Similarly, a damaged ECU would be replaced and the information transferred to the new ECU. They will always preserve the vehicle history. Outside of that, you could change the ECU, cluster and keys from a lower mileage bike to a higher mileage one, but if it ever goes to a dealer they will probably discover the switch. Anyway the simple answer is the dealer will not "adjust" the mileage.

·
Vendor
3,226 Posts
Can be done in ISTA no prob. Pretty sure the ECU mileage is the governing mileage and Kombi will be synced.
@BMW_388 can do it no issues. I have ISTA as well but I don't like messing with programming of other peoples stuff. Too easy to pooch.

·
Vendor
2,505 Posts
I want reduce odo meter in s1000rr 2011.
How can i do this, what tools need?
10/11 are not the same chip and protocol as 12-14.

you do not appear to be in the USA so shipping both ways plus cost of mileage adjustment is beyond most people's expectations. PM me if you are interested however

1 - 7 of 7 Posts