BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a NRC fender eliminator and front led turn signals. Bike starts up. Right signals work, when I try to turn on the left signals it blows the instrument cluster fuse. Mini 10 amp fuse.

any one else have this issue?

when I installed the fender eliminator, the rear lights worked as they should. When I installed the left front signal, everything worked. When I installed the front right light the fuse blew when I turned on the bike. Replaced the fuse, now the right side lights work front and rear, getting nothing on the left. When I try to turn on the left the fuse blows.

2012 s1000rr

·
Registered
196 Posts
sounds like you have a short circuit somewhere. Better return the piece or if you are electrician enough find the short and fix it. Thanks for sharing ! I never trusted the NRC quality fully.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sounds like the left turn signal wires, either the front or rear are shorted (touching eachother) or one of the NRC's are defective. You can disconnect the front then try. If the fuse blows then the issue is in the rear. Same for the front. Once you determine if the issue is front or rear you can start tracing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help guys.

Replaced the fuse, disconnected the front lights. Turned on the bike rear lights, both sides, worked. Plugged in the front again, and everything seems to be working now.. no fuses blowing. Will continue to monitor but may have just been a fluke.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
the problem may have been in the front light wiring then. The only thing different that you did was unplugged/plugged in the front light. I would check the wiring for any bare spots. Better to find it now while you're in repair mode then think it was a fluke and it happen again while you're out riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts