BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon me if this should be obvious but I have never installed de-cat exhaust or even full exhaust. In the past, I’ve just done slip on’s. I‘m doing research on what exhaust I want to buy for my 2020 M and I’m considering a full exhaust in order to get the sound I want. Im well aware to take full advantage of a full system you would need a tune, but if you do a full de-cat exhaust without doing a tune, will you get a check engine light for emissions/lack of the converters? I’m more familiar with this process on cars and the fact that the car monitors catalytic converter efficiency with the oxygen sensors and if you remove the converters the light will come on with a P0420 code because you removed them. Do these bikes monitor catalytic converters efficiency?

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
No but the ECU can tell if the o2 sensors or the exhaust flap have been disconnected. Best to decide what exhaust you want and then read the directions for install. And talk to the manufacturer if you have questions. There are workarounds for almost everything in this world, but you don't want to spend on unnecessary stuff.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
You should not get an error code if you reinstall the oxygen sensors and connect the servo buddy until you get a tune which will not look for the exhaust servo

·
Registered
823 Posts
take the cables out of the servo bike won't notice they are missing and will try to operate the non-existant valve as standard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, the check engine will stay on. Akrapovich sends in the full kit a piece of metal wich is mounted in the servomotor or you can install the healtech servo budy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts