BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone know that the anti American, illegal loving commies running the CA government banned kangaroo leather? Yep. it's true. SJ BMW was raided by CA Fish and Game's gun toting agents flashing badges and was forced to remove all kangaroo leather products from the shelves. WTF? @bennymx will confirm they aren't endangered and they are nothing more than large rats. One killed his S1000RR for crying out loud. :frown2:

A new black market has been created. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Kangaroo leather and other things kangaroo have been illegal in California for decades. Ironic as the critters are no more endangered than rabbits.
Interesting if true. Why did they just start enforcing that law this year?

Edit: Decades? Wrong. A search indicates things may have changed in 2015.

http://www.latimes.com/local/political/la-me-pc-kangaroo-product-ban-20150610-story.html

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article51543430.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/14/california-set-to-ban-kangaroo-imports-despite-lobbying-efforts-by-australia

https://www.quora.com/Why-has-California-banned-importation-of-kangaroo-products

·
4,646 Posts
WTF as much as I enjoyed roads, weather, and women in Calif. But man, it was the best move in my life to get out.

Nothing is worse than laws that make no sense. You still can buy roo leathers online.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Did anyone know that the anti American, illegal loving commies running the CA government banned kangaroo leather? Yep. it's true. SJ BMW was raided by CA Fish and Game's gun toting agents flashing badges and was forced to remove all kangaroo leather products from the shelves. WTF? @bennymx will confirm they aren't endangered and they are nothing more than large rats. One killed his S1000RR for crying out loud. :frown2:

A new black market has been created. :laugh:
Geez mate!! thats unAustralian mate!

As if our aussie roo leather is any threat to the pakistani "leather" you guys normally get.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Kangaroo leather and other things kangaroo have been illegal in California for decades. Ironic as the critters are no more endangered than rabbits.
there is an annual cull here, they are more numerous than honest politicians...maybe we should cull politicians...

I've hit 2 in 2 different vehicles, dont want to hit one on a bike.

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Interesting if true. Why did they just start enforcing that law this year?

Edit: Decades? Wrong.
See, here, for the long history of California banning Kangaroo products beginning in 1971. The ban was lifted for a while, but came back into effect on January 1, 2016.

I have no idea why the two and one-half year lull in enforcement.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
No surprise that Commiefornia did this, they've been taking your freedoms bit by bit since I remember in the '80's when I lived there. From what I understand 'Roo leather is better (lighter for the same strength) for racing leathers, but worse for street leathers because it breaks down a lot faster (sweat, etc.). My a-stars suit is cow leather....and also weighs 20+ lbs! Man, walking around in that, especially on a hot day (like my drag racing outing), is miserable....

Sorry to hear it bro, but, you can come on our here to CO and find some and we'll go riding while you're here! :)

Better watch it though or the "Politics Police" will put the Lockdown on it..... ;)

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
there is an annual cull here, they are more numerous than honest politicians...maybe we should cull politicians...

I've hit 2 in 2 different vehicles, dont want to hit one on a bike.
...if there was a half-dozen of them they'd be more numerous than honest politicians..... :)

Besides, I think leathers made from politicians wouldn't be any good......they're too thin-skinned! LOL :)

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts