BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, girls,
I'm currently looking to buy a 2018 S 1000 RR Sport.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Been many years 30+ since I've owned a bike "got married had kids" but have ridden the S 1000 RR 4/5 times over the last 10 years and loved it.
Previous bikes include Kawasaki KH100EX, Honda RS 250 Deluxe, GPZ550, GPZ1100, RD350 LC, Honda 200XR, Honda 500XR.
Want this bike for going out for the day, with mates, for breakfast runs, coffee and enjoying the beautiful countryside of Devon and Cornwall, whilst having fun!
Anything to watch out for when buying the 2018 model of the S 1000 RR Sport?

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
148 Posts
Anything to watch out for when buying the 2018 model of the S 1000 RR Sport?
Welcome to the forum Gary.

As you undoubtedly already know now, we are a rather eccentric mix of disorders that have a hard time keeping on topic.

Good luck with your purchase, I am sure someone with more extensive knowledge will chime in, perhaps even to answer your question. Lol!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I
Cows, Sheep, that's all I keep an eye out for now, Oh, and roos, but you don't have that problem.
I lived in SA before and we had the same, animals on the road was the main thing to look out for. Where I live in Devon, it's sheep, cows and Wild ponies!
Welcome to the forum Gary.

As you undoubtedly already know now, we are a rather eccentric mix of disorders that have a hard time keeping on topic.

Good luck with your purchase, I am sure someone with more extensive knowledge will chime in, perhaps even to answer your question. Lol!
Thanks, so I've noticed, I like humour and banter as well 😊👍🏼

·
Vendor
4,006 Posts
Nice BMW there you have selected to look at. That is a special HP addition they called it. Premium Race Packaged on top of the cool HP hardware. $25000 USD when it was on the dealer floors in USA.

·
Registered
2017 rr
311 Posts
I wasn't really being humorous lol, I have the 2018 model, but I think I misinterpreted your question Gary, I thought you were asking if there were any known issues, of which I don't believe there are. They really got that model right. So to answer your question as I see it now, issues before you buy, well nothing you wouldn't look for on any other bike I guess. They do have a lot of top end noise, which is normal, but can be off putting at first. I don't think you will encounter any that have been flogged out though, these bikes were built to be flogged and anyone who Really flogged one would be dead now lol. I just asked if it have been used on the track, I wouldn't want an ex track bike.

I think the exhaust system on the one in the pic is good too. Mine came with the de-cat headers and a noisy Akra shorty slip on which I changed to a Yoshi 77D. I'm happy with the way it growls pops and barks now but if I'd bought the setup in the pic you posted I wouldn't have changed that.
Oh and the suspension is really firm, Really firm. It doesn't like bumpy roads mate, not at all at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same model Gary, a 2018 ‘race package’ with the HP parts. Only couple things I’ve noticed is quite a bit of handlebar vibration at the 3-5k rpm range and it’s worse at lower gears. The other is a ticking noise which seems to come from the front of the engine area around the same rpm ranges. From some quick research on the forums it seems that is normal but I’d be interested to know if yours makes the same noise/sounds. Otherwise a great bike as happy trodding along at city speeds as it is going bonkers at the twisties. Enjoy and good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts