BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have been riding for years and have a S1000r 2014 which I have had for about 6 years unfortunately 3 years ago I went into hospital for an Aneurism repair meant to be a 3 day thing ended up 6 months in hospital nearly 3 months in Intensive care had to be resuscitated as they switched my machine off by mistake and I was in there for 3 months not supposed to survive as had infection but when I did wake up I had no left leg to my horror.
Anyway, I have been in a wheelchair since and because I lost all muscles has taken a long long while to get somewhere near fit but nearly there and had a new false leg made so I can get on my bike.
I had my bike before all this and have been modifying with a kliktronic gear shifter and because mine is a 2014 only had an upshifter so have now had a down blipper fitted by RS2E of Germany who send a new shifter through, and you send your ECU and they remap and activate the down blipper.
The major problem I am having is to get a side stand to work quickly as I have a system I have made which uses a window closer but a bit slow would like it faster and looking for a better system.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
2021 s1000rr
598 Posts
Welcome man! A bud of mine on his 22 r just got rear-ended he's loosing his left foot as well. He's actually excited for the prosthetic. It's admirable how strong you are to still pursue this hobby overcoming that concern. Way impressed man.
Welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts