BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
This is my first beemer previously R1 owner
just notice that the headlight bulb want fitted properly and had melted the inside of the lamp
my question is ..is there anything missing that should hold the bulb?
Also are they both exactly the same bulb in the left and right light? H7?
Cheers!
Merry Xmas everyone!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RHxTbemFonhGaDLW8

·
Vendor
2,831 Posts
Hi All
This is my first beemer previously R1 owner
just notice that the headlight bulb want fitted properly and had melted the inside of the lamp
my question is ..is there anything missing that should hold the bulb?
Also are they both exactly the same bulb in the left and right light? H7?
Cheers!
Merry Xmas everyone!

H7/55w is the factory spec.

that is not the factory bulb in your picture. been so long since I changed a bulb I cannot remember if there is a retaining spring inside the housing to hold the bulb in place. Seems I think there was. I dont have a headlight assembly sitting on the shelf to go look at right now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
H7/55w is the factory spec.

that is not the factory bulb in your picture. been so long since I changed a bulb I cannot remember if there is a retaining spring inside the housing to hold the bulb in place. Seems I think there was. I dont have a headlight assembly sitting on the shelf to go look at right now.
Cheers1

Any recommendations on a bright than stock bulb that wont melt the headlight housing? :frown2:

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you want to upgrade to LED the Stark Phantom are the way to go but you will need custom back caps for the housing. If you want white but still halogen Phillips H7 CrystalVision are supposed to give good results.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
You have a 2010 model (if acid green) and no, there are no other clips than the three spring tabs you see in the picture #2 you took. You have to be extremely careful that all three tabs are securely engaged or picture #1 can be the result. I put in 35W halogens a long time ago and they are more than enough light, but the attachment rings were thick plastic rather than thin metal and I had to carefully bend those tabs to make them fit. Break them off and you've screwed the pooch. Shitty design that was replaced by spring clips in later years.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cherrs guys! Another question went for my first ride today, sometimes the quick shifter wouldn’t got into gear 2nd to third.. until I used the clutch.. is this common? Is there an adjustment or fix for this? ? cherrs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts