BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved up to the west side of Philly (Phoenixville, King of Prussia) area. Any members from around there? I need to learn the good roads and where the best track days are.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Rte. 282 from Downingtown up to Rt. 82 is a nice set of twisties. Then you can head S. on 82 through Coatesville and onto Rt. 841 (watch the decreasing radius sweeper about 1/2 mile in....it'll tightens up quick, so be on your game). Stay on 841 until you see Rt. 842, hang a left on Rt. 842 for some great whoop-di-dos and that takes you back out to rt. 82. Also, Rt. 345 through French Creek State Park is a great stretch....all of these are very close to you. Any of the roads around Maple Grove Raceway - it's an awesome area for sport bikes.

Check out Back Road Rippers on Meetup.com. Join us for a ride. We've got a few s1000rr's in the group already. All sport & sport touring bikes, riding at a fast+ pace - never more than 10-12 to a ride. No kooks, all good, competent riders riding within their abilities. We even have a dual sport contingent if dirt & gravel is your thing.

Kevin M.
2010 S1000rr
2007 R1200s

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rte. 282 from Downingtown up to Rt. 82 is a nice set of twisties. Then you can head S. on 82 through Coatesville and onto Rt. 841 (watch the decreasing radius sweeper about 1/2 mile in....it'll tightens up quick, so be on your game). Stay on 841 until you see Rt. 842, hang a left on Rt. 842 for some great whoop-di-dos and that takes you back out to rt. 82. Also, Rt. 345 through French Creek State Park is a great stretch....all of these are very close to you. Any of the roads around Maple Grove Raceway - it's an awesome area for sport bikes.

Check out Back Road Rippers on Meetup.com. Join us for a ride. We've got a few s1000rr's in the group already. All sport & sport touring bikes, riding at a fast+ pace - never more than 10-12 to a ride. No kooks, all good, competent riders riding within their abilities. We even have a dual sport contingent if dirt & gravel is your thing.

Kevin M.
2010 S1000rr
2007 R1200s
Agree with kevin8tor, 82 and 841 have some nice twisties. Heading towards lancaster area also has some good stuff.
Im about 35 min south of there

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, I haven't been out that way yet. I wrote down your direction Kevin and will definitely check out those roads and the group. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Hey pal welcome to the area, Unfortunately I retired the street bikes and only ride track. If you ever want to hit the track NJMP or Pocono let me know, We'd love to have you. I ride with ACE, TPM, and N2. all of them are usually free for a first time guest. anyhow welcome to the area. Ride safe pal...

·
Registered
145 Posts
As previously mentioned, good groups are Back Road Rippers (they require an intro ride) and Central Bucks Sport Touring.

Kevin mentioned Back Road having some S1kRRs...true...Mine, Hilesh and Peter's

I'm in Collegeville...so very close to you. I have a ton of tools and GPS routes. PM if you want.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey pal welcome to the area, Unfortunately I retired the street bikes and only ride track. If you ever want to hit the track NJMP or Pocono let me know, We'd love to have you. I ride with ACE, TPM, and N2. all of them are usually free for a first time guest. anyhow welcome to the area. Ride safe pal...
I have been trying to find someone up here to do a track day with. 30 years of riding and I have never been. PM me your email and Ill send along my info, I would love to go!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As previously mentioned, good groups are Back Road Rippers (they require an intro ride) and Central Bucks Sport Touring.

Kevin mentioned Back Road having some S1kRRs...true...Mine, Hilesh and Peter's

I'm in Collegeville...so very close to you. I have a ton of tools and GPS routes. PM if you want.
I signed up for Back Road, just need to get on the next intro ride. Who has the light blue one in Collegeville? I see it all the time. I'll send you a PM, It would be great if you guys could show me the roads.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I have been trying to find someone up here to do a track day with. 30 years of riding and I have never been. PM me your email and Ill send along my info, I would love to go!
PM Sent........

·
Registered
145 Posts
I signed up for Back Road, just need to get on the next intro ride. Who has the light blue one in Collegeville? I see it all the time. I'll send you a PM, It would be great if you guys could show me the roads.
PM replied too.

Not sure about the blue one. Mine's gray/alpine white.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Philly area guy here too. I have a Blue 2015 s1000r I picked up in August. Still commuting on it every day it isn't pouring rain from Ridley area to Museam disctrict.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was pretty close to riding in today, but I got a late start and it was faster to jump in the car and head in than it would have been to gear up and pack up my work clothes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was pretty close to riding in today, but I got a late start and it was faster to jump in the car and head in than it would have been to gear up and pack up my work clothes.
It was snowing when I left for work, I really don't mind the cold. Layers, heated grips and all that, but 20 degrees and snow? It's really making me reconsider my career location! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
I was in Philly today...it was literally like 0 degrees with the wind chill. Crazy to think about the bike this morning there

·
Registered
44 Posts
Coldest I've done so far was about 28 degrees and that's without really layering up that much. I have an Alpinestars Dusk jacket and Dainese D-dry pants with a thermal liner. The only thing I have a problem with on cold mornings are my hands. Even with heavy gloves and the heated grips.

That's why I bought some goofy adventure style hand guards for the winter. Try not to laugh too hard :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coldest I've done so far was about 28 degrees and that's without really layering up that much. I have an Alpinestars Dusk jacket and Dainese D-dry pants with a thermal liner. The only thing I have a problem with on cold mornings are my hands. Even with heavy gloves and the heated grips.

That's why I bought some goofy adventure style hand guards for the winter. Try not to laugh too hard :)

Nothing wrong with staying warm! It was 8 degrees this morning, bikes still in the garage lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts