BMW S1000RR Forum banner

New to me 2010 s1000rr

4K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  HBguy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I just purchased a 2010 s1000rr and located in Bakersfield, CA. Anyone in here from Bakersfield or close by?

#2 ·
Nice bike...looks very familiar. Did that bike come with one of these when you bought it?

#3 ·
Nice bike...looks very familiar. Did that bike come with one of these when you bought it?

No but I know the bike did have luggage on the back before. I picked up the bike in corona, ca from a dealer

#4 ·
If it has blue ASV Brake and Clutch levers, that's my old bike. about 23k miles?

The guy I sold it to was from that area, said he worked at a car dealership (knew DMV processes) and bought it "for his brother".

If that's my old bike, you got a good bike bro. I took great care of it.

BTW, welcome to the forum. A lot of good technical info and good reads.

#5 ·
If it has blue ASV Brake and Clutch levers, that's my old bike. about 23k miles?

The guy I sold it to was from that area, said he worked at a car dealership (knew DMV processes) and bought it "for his brother".

If that's my old bike, you got a good bike bro. I took great care of it.

BTW, welcome to the forum. A lot of good technical info and good reads.
Yes indeed it does have blue levers! Sweeeeet that’s the best news I’ve heard this week so far 😂. I was trying to get the records from the dealer but they kinda blew me off lol

#6 ·
Bummer they lied to me about 'buying it for his brother' but it was obvious to me. They were way too comfortable buying it without a pink slip, for example :) The ASV levers were put on by ASV themselves...they're local to me.

I started to tell them about this mod Exhaust Valve Mod - Little More Rumble at Idle!! and they didn't seem interested. I was gonna tell them about it because it shows an 'error' code with a GS911 (its mentioned in the thread, above). If you're comfy, you can reconnect the exhaust flapper thing and the internal error will go away. Other than that, bone stock, almost all highway/freeway miles and commuting to work.

Glad it found a good home. Enjoy brother-

#8 ·
Bummer they lied to me about 'buying it for his brother' but it was obvious to me. They were way too comfortable buying it without a pink slip, for example :) The ASV levers were put on by ASV themselves...they're local to me.

I started to tell them about this mod Exhaust Valve Mod - Little More Rumble at Idle!! and they didn't seem interested. I was gonna tell them about it because it shows an 'error' code with a GS911 (its mentioned in the thread, above). If you're comfy, you can reconnect the exhaust flapper thing and the internal error will go away. Other than that, bone stock, almost all highway/freeway miles and commuting to work.

Glad it found a good home. Enjoy brother-
Yea that’s usually how these dealer people work they just say stuff to make some money.

That’s awesome! And the blue goes so well with it!

This is my first s1000rr and I’m not saying I know a lot about them but when I was looking at it I knew something was going on with the exhaust lol. I told him stock exhaust doesn’t sound like that lol but he just went along with it. Never told me about the flap mod LOL.
I’m looking to do a few mods fender eliminator, the front turn signals and exhaust. Looking into the car racing exhaust cause I really like the way it’s set up makes it look more modern.

#11 ·
I have a plastic key that's a spare. I'll mail it to you when I find it. I wasn't sure if I gave it to them and they were kinda rushed to get back to their shop. I just got back from the garage and didn't see it where I thought it was. There's a chip or something in there, so don't lose the one you got. I might drive through Bakersfield Friday (tomorrow) and Saturday. If I find it later tonight, I'll send a PM with my cell # and maybe we can meet off the 99 somewhere.

#21 · (Edited)
No trade in, they pretended to buy it for themselves I didn't know they were a dealer until you said that's where you bought it. I actually asked them a few times because they're so familiar with the DMV process and stuff.

I'm looking at the 2022 S1000RR, but whatever I get I'll have to figure out extended warranty cus all that modern electronics to me is bs. I might downgrade to Royal Enfield 650 since I plan to buy two new SUVs also in the next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.