·
Registered
2010 BMW S1000rr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
If it has blue ASV Brake and Clutch levers, that's my old bike. about 23k miles?

The guy I sold it to was from that area, said he worked at a car dealership (knew DMV processes) and bought it "for his brother".

If that's my old bike, you got a good bike bro. I took great care of it.

BTW, welcome to the forum. A lot of good technical info and good reads.

·
Registered
2010 BMW S1000rr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it has blue ASV Brake and Clutch levers, that's my old bike. about 23k miles?

The guy I sold it to was from that area, said he worked at a car dealership (knew DMV processes) and bought it "for his brother".

If that's my old bike, you got a good bike bro. I took great care of it.

BTW, welcome to the forum. A lot of good technical info and good reads.
Yes indeed it does have blue levers! Sweeeeet that’s the best news I’ve heard this week so far 😂. I was trying to get the records from the dealer but they kinda blew me off lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
Bummer they lied to me about 'buying it for his brother' but it was obvious to me. They were way too comfortable buying it without a pink slip, for example :) The ASV levers were put on by ASV themselves...they're local to me.

I started to tell them about this mod Exhaust Valve Mod - Little More Rumble at Idle!! and they didn't seem interested. I was gonna tell them about it because it shows an 'error' code with a GS911 (its mentioned in the thread, above). If you're comfy, you can reconnect the exhaust flapper thing and the internal error will go away. Other than that, bone stock, almost all highway/freeway miles and commuting to work.

Glad it found a good home. Enjoy brother-

·
Registered
2010 BMW S1000rr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bummer they lied to me about 'buying it for his brother' but it was obvious to me. They were way too comfortable buying it without a pink slip, for example :) The ASV levers were put on by ASV themselves...they're local to me.

I started to tell them about this mod Exhaust Valve Mod - Little More Rumble at Idle!! and they didn't seem interested. I was gonna tell them about it because it shows an 'error' code with a GS911 (its mentioned in the thread, above). If you're comfy, you can reconnect the exhaust flapper thing and the internal error will go away. Other than that, bone stock, almost all highway/freeway miles and commuting to work.

Glad it found a good home. Enjoy brother-
Yea that’s usually how these dealer people work they just say stuff to make some money.

That’s awesome! And the blue goes so well with it!

This is my first s1000rr and I’m not saying I know a lot about them but when I was looking at it I knew something was going on with the exhaust lol. I told him stock exhaust doesn’t sound like that lol but he just went along with it. Never told me about the flap mod LOL.
I’m looking to do a few mods fender eliminator, the front turn signals and exhaust. Looking into the car racing exhaust cause I really like the way it’s set up makes it look more modern.

·
Registered
262 Posts
BTW i did the oil change and reset the service reminder right before selling it. you're good for 1 year or 10k miles....the bike will tell u when.

How many keys did you get?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a plastic key that's a spare. I'll mail it to you when I find it. I wasn't sure if I gave it to them and they were kinda rushed to get back to their shop. I just got back from the garage and didn't see it where I thought it was. There's a chip or something in there, so don't lose the one you got. I might drive through Bakersfield Friday (tomorrow) and Saturday. If I find it later tonight, I'll send a PM with my cell # and maybe we can meet off the 99 somewhere.

·
Registered
2010 BMW S1000rr
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a plastic key that's a spare. I'll mail it to you when I find it. I wasn't sure if I gave it to them and they were kinda rushed to get back to their shop. I just got back from the garage and didn't see it where I thought it was. There's a chip or something in there, so don't lose the one you got. I might drive through Bakersfield Friday (tomorrow) and Saturday. If I find it later tonight, I'll send a PM with my cell # and maybe we can meet off the 99 somewhere.
Yea fore sure! I work right off the 99. I appreciate you reaching out tho!

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Just got a tollroad ticket in the mail....thanks Iranians that bought it and lied to me about being a dealer. :mad:
Doh! That sucks, you should be able to go to the DMV and get that squared away, since you don't own it anymore.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts