BMW S1000RR Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
I'm digging mine so far. But I know you pay to play so if I only get 2k out if them...well it'll be a fun 2k.
It was incredible, my 2013 in many ways was better than the 2021. Yes the 2021 is faster, has all the technology.. bla bla bla.. but out of the box 2013 required nothing. Just an excellent platform. Best part it was never in the shop. It just always worked without fail. The 2021 has me looking at getting back on a Ducati. When a bike starts spending more time in the shop then on the road. It’s a clue. That and BMW has a part sourcing problem. Annoying

· Registered
2021 s1000rr
602 Posts
It was incredible, my 2013 in many ways was better than the 2021. Yes the 2021 is faster, has all the technology.. bla bla bla.. but out of the box 2013 required nothing. Just an excellent platform. Best part it was never in the shop. It just always worked without fail. The 2021 has me looking at getting back on a Ducati. When a bike starts spending more time in the shop then on the road. It’s a clue. That and BMW has a part sourcing problem. Annoying
I was talking about the tires but I get where you're coming from.

· Registered
122 Posts
Tire shopping again… dealer wanted $520.00 for the Q4. Acted like it was the last set of tires on the planet. Then $300 to mount and balance the set. Because carbon wheels need a special bit of handling so I’m told. Now an oil and filter change is $250.00 and the service guy is jumping all over you to sign things they quote it out before you can even unload your bike. If this is just the beginning of inflation and the dealer has a statement now about price escalation. anyone else seeing this?

think I’m going to go with the S22 tires and get someone else to mount and balance.

· Registered
2021 s1000rr
602 Posts
That kinda sucks. Anotger reason i like my forged wheels. $645 out the door for a set of michelin power cup 2 with balance beads not ugly stick on weights.
Oil change... do it yourself man. Parts are about 90 bucks. Takes all of 10 min.
How often do you do yours? I'm doing mine every 3k.

· Registered
122 Posts
That kinda sucks. Anotger reason i like my forged wheels. $645 out the door for a set of michelin power cup 2 with balance beads not ugly stick on weights.
Oil change... do it yourself man. Parts are about 90 bucks. Takes all of 10 min.
How often do you do yours? I'm doing mine every 3k.
I do my own oil time to time, just have to do the dealer BS to make sure if that there is an issue that BMW can’t use that as a way to skip out on the warranty. My oil changes where at 500 miles then again at 3k and now at 6,500. So around the 3k-4k I change the oil. However it can last for far longer. When I hit about 25k miles I change the oil at 6k-8k miles. Usually the motor is broken in by that time.
Never had an engine burn oil before. So I think I’m doing it right.
Always have used 10w-40 Castrol fully synthetic in both my RR’s had 30k miles on the last one and never required any shims on the valve lashing. When they pulled the motor apart after I got hit. Dealer said they had never seen a motor so clean with no signs of abuse or ware.
because the engine ran on the side until it turned off the stater and the clutch or completely welded together. Unfortunate

Dealers labor rates have got out of control. None of the technicians have gotten raises. Something going to give.

i’ll probably get another set of wheels for the bike. but I like the carbon wheels a lot.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well I ended up going with the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa V3's....and a 200/60 rear.
The power cup 2 rear was on back order with no date available and also no 200/60.
I'll report back when I get to ride it again.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts