BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Nice! And with the color of your bike it goes well. Me, I love my Olde suit and glad I got it in blue before the "Great Leathers Black-out" happened where for years now nobody makes anything but black leathers...

Enjoy and be safe!

·
Registered
796 Posts
I got out a bit today and in the FWIW categoy:

Lots of Harley guys and strings of car guys all driving the same brand on the Skyway.

I didn't go to the Dragon, but did see state troopers on 129 south of Topoco.

·
Registered
2021 BMW S1000RR Hockenheim Silver
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good! I might be in the area this weekend - I'll watch for you.
Let me know if you make it over. Meeting some folks at the gas station next 129HUB at around 8am. We’ll ride over to DGMR and grab coffee and breakfast. Looks to be busy tomorrow as 129HUB is also their “Coffee and Curves” meetup in the morning. I suspect we’ll be off The Dragon by 11:30am. Some folks may leave earlier to ride the Skyway.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I got out a bit today and in the FWIW categoy:

Lots of Harley guys and strings of car guys all driving the same brand on the Skyway.

I didn't go to the Dragon, but did see state troopers on 129 south of Topoco.
I kinda don't even ever want to go to the Dragon, for the same reason Mullholland and other sportbike roads have been ruined by squidiots and cops. My fave roads are lightly travelled out in the boonies, which is why I'll never post where they are.

·
Registered
2011 S1000rr
43 Posts
I kinda don't even ever want to go to the Dragon, for the same reason Mullholland and other sportbike roads have been ruined by squidiots and cops. My fave roads are lightly travelled out in the boonies, which is why I'll never post where they are.
That's how I feel about our local roads. We have the north run that most everyone knows; and then I have a north run that's less frequently used and I like better. But as with all things, as time goes on, more people share information and it won't be that way anymore...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Let me know if you make it over. Meeting some folks at the gas station next 129HUB at around 8am. We’ll ride over to DGMR and grab coffee and breakfast. Looks to be busy tomorrow as 129HUB is also their “Coffee and Curves” meetup in the morning. I suspect we’ll be off The Dragon by 11:30am. Some folks may leave earlier to ride the Skyway.
Thanks for the invite, but tomorrow I'm stuck with kid birthday stuff. Cake good. Not riding bad.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Agree - there are a lot of other good roads around here. I try to go early in the morning before cops/cars/clumps of cruiser dudes are out.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Agree - there are a lot of other good roads around here. I try to go early in the morning before cops/cars/clumps of cruiser dudes are out.
Passing a group of Hardley "Couch-Glides" in the twisties is worse than trying to pass a big motorhome...towing a 26' boat....driven by a legally-blind octogenarian... :ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts