BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Northampton U.K.
Got me this 2017 RR (207 bhp version) after 10 years away from bikes (last one was fireblade RR9).
Thinks ‘why am I doing this at my age? (62)
Well, just back from my initial shakedown, around 40 back road miles, just kept getting faster and faster and my grin got wider and wider.
What a fabulous thing.
great to be back in the game, and looking forward to ingratiating myself in this forum.

Cheers!
Chris

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
"Ingratiating"? To do that, all you need do is tell the most frequent posters how brilliant they are...you'll be ingratiated in no time! :)

Welcome, though...I, too, have a '17 RR, and I'm 74. Age is in the head (no, not that one).

·
Registered
2012 S1000RR, 2019 S1000R
5 Posts
Welcome back to the fray from a 58-year-old with a new-to-me 2012 RR. What's the saying? You don't stop doing stuff because you get old, you get old because you stop doing stuff. Let's keep after it! I know an ex-pat Brit in California who just turned 82 and still goes out on the track on a sportbike and makes a great go of it. Cheers!

·
Registered
434 Posts
chris just take it easy. I plan on reincarnating and becoming a motogp racer. :sneaky:(y)For some reason this life has me working really hard in technology.. I feel should have been lined up on the grid with all the GP riders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts