BMW S1000RR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Just joined the forum. I recently purchased a new 2021 S1000RR in silver. I'd love to post a few pictures of the bike however it's currently in a container somewhere being shipped to the dealer in Toronto. They told me last week, they expect the bike to be delivered by the end of April. I'm hopeful it comes a little earlier, and with the new calipers already installed.

I got the bike with the dynamic package and race package. I can't wait to get this thing out and see how it rides (didn't test ride it first). Hopefully everything is on schedule and I will be on the road in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really hope so. While I've been waiting I just ordered an NRC undertail, and a puig double bubble windscreen. I'd like to order an akro exhaust and get the tune done asap...but I'd rather not have a warranty issue, if there's any problems.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I really hope so. While I've been waiting I just ordered an NRC undertail, and a puig double bubble windscreen. I'd like to order an akro exhaust and get the tune done asap...but I'd rather not have a warranty issue, if there's any problems.
Oh nice!! Yeah not sure what would happen if there is a warranty issue. Mine was used so dont have any warranty experience.

I got some goodies on order too but unknown eta due to shipping backlogs. :-/

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably nothing, and again they would have to prove the exhaust/tune caused the issue. However, I'd just like to have the peace of mind...for the first season with it at least. 😏

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update*** Just talked to the dealer. The bike has arrived at the port in Montreal. They are expecting it at the warehouse by June 6 th. I'm hoping it arrives there a little earlier than that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Update*** Just talked to the dealer. The bike has arrived at the port in Montreal. They are expecting it at the warehouse by June 6 th. I'm hoping it arrives there a little earlier than that.
Great!! That's awesome news!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the bike left the port on May 28th to head to the warehouse (about 4hrs away). Called the dealer the other day and they still have no update when they are getting the bike. They said it usually takes a week to arrive at the dealer......this wait is killing me.

·
Registered
2010 S1K
9 Posts
So the bike left the port on May 28th to head to the warehouse (about 4hrs away). Called the dealer the other day and they still have no update when they are getting the bike. They said it usually takes a week to arrive at the dealer......this wait is killing me.
Customs can be a pain, that's for sure. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. I know when we ordered our car from BMW a while back, it took an extra week and a half to leave port since they add the carbon trim and deal with suspension blocks etc. right there after it leaves the boat. Good luck and welcome!

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya it's cleared the port and been at the warehouse for almost 2 weeks now...hopefully by the end of this week it's at the dealer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh man I'm sure the wait is painful! It would be for me. I'd be so anxious to be out on it checking it out

Hope it comes through quickly

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh it's been driving be nuts. Well, I guess I'm on the final step here. I called the dealer today and they said they got the bike yesterday from the warehouse. They said hopefully end of next week it will be ready.

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Got soaked on the way home, but so happy to finally have it.
I installed a puig dark smoke screen and the NRC undertail right away. The only downside was, NRC sent me a kit with amber light instead of red. So now I'm waiting on a replacement.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congrats, finally! I have 40 kms on mine, dropped off yesterday for xpel film install - full kit.
So far I have installed some M spools and a screen for the cluster.
Then I saw this in insta looks pretty cool!
M chain adjuster for spool lift. Thinking of getting a set for added bling factor

·
Registered
21 Hockenheim Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They look nice. Ya, I wasted no time with parts. I put the M screen protector on, stomptech tank pads, puig double dark smoke windscreen, woodcraft frame sliders, BMW rad and oil cooler guard, nrc undertail, M spools, and I have the M brake guard and engine guards on order.

I just hit 520km. Almost ready for the first service 😃

1 - 20 of 26 Posts