BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Nice! Those HP4's where what made me buy my 2015 and in the Motorrad colors (with DDC and the "forgies"). Sadly, thought I ordered (and had to wait for) the HP forged wheels, I could not order the beautiful blue ones even though supplier issues (could make them fast enough) delayed my bike even getting built. I asked if they could just use the blue ones to eliminate the couple months delay the matte black ones caused, but they wouldn't do it. Ah well...

Enjoy, and be safe!

Reactions: noojman

·
Registered
2013 HP4 Competition
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice bikes! How is the RSV4 compared to the HP4?
I'm actually selling the RSV4 now that I've got the HP4. The motor of the RSV4 is much more dramatic and fun, but the HP4 is far more comfortable, almost too comfortable for what it is (but that's a good thing). The tall seat height of the RSV4 makes it difficult and less practical to use, and HP4's factory heated grips are very nice to have lol. If I was taller then maybe the RSV4 would've been more comfortable. The electronics on the RSV4 are leagues ahead, obviously, but the HP4 really has everything you'd want anyway (but no cornering ABS). I will miss the noise and torque of the V4 though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm actually selling the RSV4 now that I've got the HP4. The motor of the RSV4 is much more dramatic and fun, but the HP4 is far more comfortable, almost too comfortable for what it is (but that's a good thing). The tall seat height of the RSV4 makes it difficult and less practical to use, and HP4's factory heated grips are very nice to have lol. If I was taller then maybe the RSV4 would've been more comfortable. The electronics on the RSV4 are leagues ahead, obviously, but the HP4 really has everything you'd want anyway (but no cornering ABS). I will miss the noise and torque of the V4 though...
Yeah, I’m torn on my next bike. What you said about the RSV4 is kind of what I expected. Thanks

·
Registered
433 Posts
Welcome!

We're from North California and South Alabama
And little towns all around this land

Reactions: noojman
1 - 9 of 9 Posts