BMW S1000RR Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Melbourne

Hey all, I have been browsing these forums for a while and finally decided to be a little more sociable :)

I have a black 2011 bmw1000rr and I'm loving it.. I work in a race suspension workshop called Race Dynamics in Melbourne so about to order a heap of goodies for it and get it out onto the track, hopefully get a few races under my belt! (Even though I'm not fast yet!)

Would be great to catch up with you all and go for a ride some time!

Craig

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yeah if anyone is keen to organise i ride in Victoria sometime soon im keen to get involved.
Just gonna be off the road for a few more days while i repair the damage to my S1000RR

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah if anyone is keen to organise i ride in Victoria sometime soon im keen to get involved.
Just gonna be off the road for a few more days while i repair the damage to my S1000RR
Jeez Deano what have ya done mate?
Still waiting for you to come out on a ride with us.
If anyone is interested me and a few guys are heading out to Healsville on Fri 6th April around 9:30 from Pakenham Services on the main freeway.
Email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Ahhh crap, I read this too late. I'm in Melbourne and keen to ride with a few other S1RR riders. I'd be good to go for the next ride if you guys don't mind me tagging along.

·
Registered
12 Posts
gday . im gunna cut and paste below what i posted in intro section to save you trying to find where that is ;)

"Gday , all the way down here in Oz.

A mate of mine decided that his need for speed was greater than public roads would allow so he has decided to race his 2011 BMW rr. He is a cleanliness freak , i kid you not , BUT does not know which end of a screw driver to use. So , i have volunteered myself to be pit crew for the season.

Whilst im not afraid with the tools , i dont have a BMW so quickly getting up to speed with what i might need . The first thing was a workshop manual which i have - nice! But i have joined here as throughout the season i will have plenty of questions , looking for parts , tips and tricks. Hopefully after a while i can then start contributing myself.

my list already includes rims, some unique tools etc but i will post where apropriate.

First race meet was last weekend

I am pretty impressed so far with the BMW , he has put race headers and had it dyno tuned to 183 RWH in slick mode. Pretty damn good for a bike off the floor !!!!!

For the record my current rides are a Ducati Multi 1200 and 2002 Aprilia RSV mille ( that one is a keeper ) .

cheers"

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Wombat . I am racing at Broadford this weekend come up and say hi if your there red white and black S1000rr.
First race on the new bike last weekend at Eastern creek managed a fourth outright and second in c grade the s1000 is a beast .
My PB at Eastern creek on the RSV4 was 1.43 managed a 1.39 on the BMW .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep . Bears F1
cool .. awesome times btw !

the Bears guys seem to be very welcoming . was picking brains all weekend on bike set up. we had someone do it a few weeks back , but pretty disappointed on the result. So have a few things now to do over the next few weeks before we do a trackday at Wakefield on 10 May.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Wilkson, I will be up at Broadford this weekend. I am about to start the build of my BMW from stock to race bike. I will stop by and have a perve on your bike and say hello.

Craig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well done over the weekend Wilson, 1:02.. very impressive :)

I was going to come and say hello but ended up watching from the other side of the track most of the day.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ahhh crap, I read this too late. I'm in Melbourne and keen to ride with a few other S1RR riders. I'd be good to go for the next ride if you guys don't mind me tagging along.
Mate send me your personal email and I'll add you to our riders list that goes out whenever we have a ride out.

·
Banned
378 Posts
Damn...how good has the weather been in the past week in old Melbourntown! Been able to get out 4 times on the beemer although twice was only for an hour.

Anywho, I'm off with 15 mates to Hotham tomorrow. We're a little lucky cos a few of the blokes are cops so we'll run the gauntlet at healesville without too much drama. So looking forward to playing in the hills with Claudia. :D

41 - 58 of 58 Posts