BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everybody! Greetings from sunny Mexico!

I'm getting the S1000RR 2022 as soon as I get enough for my downpayment in a month (Dealer requests 50% downpayment for special orders). I'm getting the S1000RR M Package + Dynamic Package (DDC,...)

I have some questions for you, as I havent been able to find any answers.

1. Is the Dynamic package (~1300 usd priced ) worth it?
2. How sophisticated is the stock alarm? (~250 usd priced)
3. Do you really have to specify that you want Carbon Wheels when getting the M Package?
4. Dealer mentioned 4-6 Months wait time - seriously? for you guys as well?
5. Since its being shipped to Mexico, any chance I get the EU map instead of the US map? to avoid the low torque problem

Best,

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
Hey everybody! Greetings from sunny Mexico!

I have some questions for you, as I havent been able to find any answers.
Hi Alemancio,
Bienvenidos! I don’t have answers to all your questions but here is a few thoughts:
  1. I really like the dynamic package, worth the $1300 upgrade fee? Yea I think so, it’s nice to have a softy ride on rough tarmac and then bump it into a sporty mode to stiffen the suspension when you get more sporty.
  2. Have no experience with the alarm
  3. M packet can be had with carbon or forged wheels, I went with forged for piece of mind, but likely next time would lean toward the carbon option because dynamically they are really awesome. I personally think the carbon rims are safe, but if your roads have rocks and potholes then it can be a pain if/when you get some damage, even if it’s a small crack from a pot hole. There have been a few examples posted in the forum. For track carbon is a no brainer.
  4. The bike did not have to travel very far for me as I live in Deutschland 😁 but it still took 2 months from order to delivery. 4 months seems reasonable, 6 is probably a buffer to the crazy covid and shipping issues.
  5. Not 100% sure, but I think you’d get EU spec map, but I am sure someone with direct knowledge can chime in. I have ridden over 3ooo kms on my ‘22 and have no issues with the EU map.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Vielen Dank! Wieso haste nicht die Carbon Wheels genommen? Deutschland hat doch spitzen Strassen!
---
Thanks! Why didnt you get the carbon wheels if Germany has A++++ Streets?
Someone lives up to their name.

·
Registered
2022 S1000RR-M
175 Posts
Why didnt you get the carbon wheels if Germany has A++++ Streets?
Haha, because I plan to do much of my riding in Italy… lol.

no honestly, just didn’t want to worry about the inspection and durability aspects on longer trips. With aluminum, if it’s bent you know there is an issue. You might not know you have an issue with carbon since it can failure internally (interlaminar ply debonding) without having apparent surface defects.

Everyone has their use case, for me i like spending my time riding. So having something that I trust to jump on and go after a quick once over is more valuable then the performance difference.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Don't bother with the alarm. If someone is going to take it. It's going to be loading into a pickup/van and gone in under 20 seconds.

·
8,846 Posts
^ Dynamic is part of prem package.

For the street dynamic package is important. Forged wheels is a safer choice unless you have a tire shop you can trust to swap tires.
Alarm is useless IMO.

You need to confirm with your dealership, but I think Mexico gets US spec bikes. Would be great if you can get Euro speced one.
You can know by the ECU vin if you have it which one you have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You need to confirm with your dealership, but I think Mexico gets US spec bikes. Would be great if you can get Euro speced one.
Kinda unfair if non-US customers get the US map, no?

If the Alarm is a no go, how do you protect your bikes when NOT at home?

·
8,846 Posts
Kinda unfair if non-US customers get the US map, no?

If the Alarm is a no go, how do you protect your bikes when NOT at home?
You need to ask BMW about that, not me. They decide which region gets what spec ECU.

I would always park my bike in an enclosed garage overnight. When I'm out, I never leave it out of my sight (eating, water breaks, etc...). My friend's bike was snatched when we entered to pick up food, was gone in few min. On long trips, I either get a hotel with private enclosed parking, or stay a 1st floor room where I can put the bike inside the room. Just basic common sense.

If you don't live in a safe area, then don't get a bike until you have a secure storage area. I don't commute on bikes, just for track & fun twisties rides on street.

Reactions: Littlebitoquickness

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think the alarm system is really helpful because thieves can steal a bike in less than half a minute with a van/truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts