BMW S1000RR Forum banner

New Member: Can't wait for my 2023 S1000RR

11K views 118 replies 18 participants last post by  Fbto 
#1 ·
Extremely excited to have placed my deposit on one of my dream bikes. Looking forward to learning from everyone on this forum. I decided on Racing Red, premium and carbon package with forged wheels.

#5 ·
I live in Nj, my dealer told me 1 of 2 can happen. If they receive 111/112 orders i will be able to build the bike as per the website shows. Or they get a couple of bikes in with certain features and or fully loaded. Not sure what fully loaded would be. But if they get bikes in without orders they are saying January. Unless they are pulling my chain. But i will take a fully Loaded Red one

#29 ·
Wow. BMW’s really cranking them out.

When I check a few pre-built VIN they were made ~ 11/03/33. Then the one made in December are already arriving?

Does BMW have to actually sell and delivery a certain amount before they can race them?
Ya I was pretty surprised to have it arrive so soon. My thoughts are that they're trying to sell as many as they can before the economy falls further and they have to discount them due to a lack of sales.

#54 · (Edited)
When I called BMW on Friday, they said my bike shipped on 1/18, but didn't have a vessel name.

When I called the dealer they said my bike didn't ship.

I called BMW back on Monday, same story but they had a container id.

I was able to use this site to find the container and it appears they just loaded onto a ship today.

So unlike cars motorcycles can be tracked by container.

#55 ·
Heading to the dealer tomorrow to unbox mine! Can’t wait! They have the red and black versions in the showroom also! Will take pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: omasou and nquadri
#58 · (Edited)
For those interested in tracking a motorcycle.

I've learned that unlike cars we can track a motorcycle by the container it is in. When you talk to BMW or the dealer ask for the container id.

I used https://www.apl.com/ebusiness/tracking/search to track the container and find the vessel name. The site shows when the empty container was delivered to BMW in Berlin and when it left for the port and it's final destination. The strange part is the vessel left port @14:45 UTC but this site shows it leaving @10PM local time, which didn't line up with CST (Germany) or EST (US)?
Product Azure Rectangle Font Material property

If you click on the Voyage Reference number, it displays another search screen. Delete the Voyage Reference and enter the Vessel Name (select the name returned in the DDL). Then search and peak a bit deeper into the logistics rabbit hole.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

I also used Online Container & Freight Tracking System – Searates.com to confirm the information. It provides a different view but no time detail.
Ecoregion Map World Rectangle Font

Use Marine Traffic to view the intermediate ports where the vessel stops.
Map World Font Screenshot Rectangle

#70 · (Edited)
Looks like luck of the draw.

This one w/cast wheels has Michelins.
This cast one has Bridgestones

This one w/carbon wheels has Dunlops

Did on some quick reading the Bridgestones seem to be a good tire.

#83 · (Edited)
Just called my dealer to get the info. Was just told that it just got there and they’ll make sure to put a sold sign on it so nobody sits on it. Way sooner than I was expecting.
Won’t be able to make it there for a few days
:(
edit
the sales person was mistaken. It was missing the packages so it wasn’t my bike. Hopefully they can just give me the vin soon so I can track it.

#84 ·
Just called my dealer to get the info. Was just told that it just got there and they’ll make sure to put a sold sign on it so nobody sits on it. Way sooner than I was expecting.
Won’t be able to make it there for a few days
:(
edit
the sales person was mistaken. It was missing the packages so it wasn’t my bike. Hopefully they can just give me the vin soon so I can track it.
Ask them for the production number. Then call BMW and get the VIN (if 150) and Container Number (if shipped)

#92 · (Edited)
For those on the Tampa Triumph. When you called BMW or asked your dealer was the ship name in the system or did you find it by using the container number? I ask b/c as of today BMW and my dealer say the ship name isn't in the system.

I also learned a bit more. I didn't understand why the bikes arrived in NYC when the VPC is in NJ. Turns out NYC is the port where the containers are unloaded. They can spend up to 10 days there clearing customs. Then they are transported to the VPC, that is down the road.

Seems like the COVID supply issues are starting to resolve but we're still seeing resourcing issues b/c people don't want to work the jobs on the docks, warehouses and transportation.

#94 ·
For those on the Tampa Triumph. When you called BMW or asked your dealer was the ship name in the system or did you find it by using the container number? I ask b/c as of today BMW and my dealer say the ship name isn't in the system.

I also learned a bit more. I didn't understand why the bikes arrived in NYC when the VPC is in NJ. Turns out NYC is the port where the containers are unloaded. They can spend up to 10 days there clearing customs. Then they are transported to the VPC, where if you're working w/a smaller dealer may take a while longer while BMW sources transportation to the dealer.

Seems like the COVID supply issues are starting to resolve but we're still resourcing issues b/c people don't want to work the jobs on the docks, warehouses and transportation.
BMW has been having technical issues. The ships are either wrong or not listed. Get these 3 things.

Vin/ref# that will get you the container number. And then search the container number and get the right ship name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.