BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’ve been lurking for a while on this forum.
Still debating between an 2022 with M or no M package.
I do like the appearance of the M package color scheme but I don’t think the enhancement would be worth the extra for a newish rider such as myself.
I will be keeping it in rain mode and below 8k RPM (aka ***** mode) for quite some time until becoming fully(somewhat) comfortable with the dynamics of the bike.
Located in northern VA area

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
I have thy the M package which is my favorite scheme. The M1000rr aside from diff mapping and internal components has similar specs. From what I understand not as friendly on the road bring its a track bike. Keeping in rain mode is overkill. These bikes are easy to ride and very responsive. Being a novice I would stay a away from the M since it has a specific purpose. . Good luck.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have M package, and love the carbon wheels. I had a 2017 with forged wheels and they were awesome, too. Between carbon and forged, the carbon give lighter feel and very easy steering. First time I made a turn I almost dropped the bike, it was that easy to drop into corner. But really, you can't go wrong with either.
The M package also includes the sport seat, which is very firm. I like it, but some people don't. The M also includes a lithium battery, but you can always buy one later.
Brentuned, the bike will still wheelie in Rain mode. But as @Stevejill91 said, the bike is so easy to ride in every mode. The biggest problem you will have is keeping your license because triple digit speeds are trivial.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same debate since I didn't like the mpkg color spec, m-seat and carbon wheels. However, BMW removed the silver color from the 2022 line-up and I didn't like the dark gray. So, I picked up a m-spec one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts