BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 s1000rr track only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have been doing track riding for the past two years. And also for the foreseeable future. My current bikes are 2021 Ducati SFV4S, 2019 rsv4 factory and 2015 track only s1000rr. I live in North Jersey and I ride at NJMP very often.
The bmw is a relatively new purchase, so I am still figuring it out. I like how stable and predictable the bike feels. However, The current ergo is not ideal. The CRC fairing has a very tall seat, and the light tech clip on are at the stock position. So my hands are really low at the front, but my butt sits high in the rear. I probably need to raise the handle bars, and put on a tank extension. I'm 6ft and when riding I find my self too cramped at the front. Hence too much weight on the bars. Bike set up is pretty much stock, a Hindle full system, CRC race fairing and rearsets. If you ride Thunderbolt on Oct.7/8, feel free to come and say hi. I'm at Garage 107.
Wheel Tire Helmet Automotive tire Sports gear

·
Registered
2015 s1000rr track only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! How does the inline motor compare with the v4’s for you?
cant say yet because the rr is not tuned yet, and there’s a faulty shift sensor. I’m changing gears in a pedestrian way. So I’m not getting the full experience yet. Didn’t downshift correctly and run off at turn 1 at NJMP, barely stopped the thing before the grass Lol.

I do anticipate this motor to be a beast after proper tuning tho. Well aware of the RR’s competitiveness in roll racing and highway pull. So far it’s really mellow below 8K.

However, i can speak much more about Aprilia v4 and Ducati v4. The two v4 are very much different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went from a Ducati 1098S to the RR, and the engines are of totally different character. I haven't had either bike to a track day, but the RR is far more rideable on the street. Even though the Duc's have tremendous torque, they still want to be revved to make power. At the low end of the rev range, where you're riding in-town, the bikes are jerky. Still love them, though!

Interested in hearing how you modify your RR for track days and work through the ergonomic issues you mentioned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts