BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Sooooo jealous! Those things are beautiful! Congrats, enjoy it ad be safe!

·
Super Moderator
9,640 Posts
Congrats. What are your plans for it? No judgement here. I can see someone keeping as an art piece or flogging it as designed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats. What are your plans for it? No judgement here. I can see someone keeping as an art piece or flogging it as designed.
So far it’s been a dream come true. Can’t believe that I have been in the fortunate, privileged position of being able to purchase a HP4 Race. Due to the poor weather in the UK won’t ride the bike until next year. Will then decide whether to ride regularly on track or whether to use occasionally and kept it pristine as a long term investment.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So far it’s been a dream come true. Can’t believe that I have been in the fortunate, privileged position of being able to purchase a HP4 Race. Due to the poor weather in the UK won’t ride the bike until next year. Will then decide whether to ride regularly on track or whether to use occasionally and kept it pristine as a long term investment.
Is it road legal in the UK?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it road legal in the UK?
No track only

·
4,587 Posts
Congrats! Amazing track weapon!

What year? 18? I have seen some great discounts on them. Do they run about the same cost in UK Vs US?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! Amazing track weapon!

What year? 18? I have seen some great discounts on them. Do they run about the same cost in UK Vs US?
Bought the bike new from a BMW dealership so it was classed as a new 2019 bike however I believed that there bikes were built during the end of 2017 and into 2018, so no idea of the exact build date.

As the bike was the last new bike available in the UK the discount wasn’t as great as what I have seen advertised across the pond. In the UK the list price of these were £68,000. The available discount on these varies from £2,000 to around £6,000.

What deals have you seen advertised on these including taxes etc. Out the door cost?

·
4,587 Posts
What deals have you seen advertised on these including taxes etc. Out the door cost?
Around $43k-48k in US. Did you ask your dealership if BMW plans to make more HP4R? Looks like they stopped their production in 2018.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Around $43k-48k in US. Did you ask your dealership if BMW plans to make more HP4R? Looks like they stopped their production in 2018.
That seems incredibly cheap, following a bit of research the cheapest HP4 Race that I could source from across the pond was $55,625 inc taxes without shipping to the UK!!!

Due to production cost including cost of components I don’t think BMW will ever produce another HP4 Race.

Just like Ducati producing Desmosedici RR and Honda producing the RC213, these bikes will only be produced as a one off just to prove that they can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congratulations this is an incredible bike, don't be afraid to ride it, I've done 2 track days now on mine and words can't describe what it's like to ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations this is an incredible bike, don't be afraid to ride it, I've done 2 track days now on mine and words can't describe what it's like to ride.
Thanks, really looking forward to the first ride. Had a Ducati Desmosedici back in 2009 which was tracked regularly, that felt special, however the HP4 Race should be on another level. Really excited, roll on the spring 👍

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Bought the bike new from a BMW dealership so it was classed as a new 2019 bike however I believed that there bikes were built during the end of 2017 and into 2018, so no idea of the exact build date.

As the bike was the last new bike available in the UK the discount wasn’t as great as what I have seen advertised across the pond. In the UK the list price of these were £68,000. The available discount on these varies from £2,000 to around £6,000.

Good on ya! So that most of us can live vicariously through you, we want daily photos of Bike's life sent to us via PM. Just, and only, because we care!

Back in April, I spoke to a dealer on the east coast of the US and he was "taking offers" on a new HP4R that he had in stock. I don't know if he finally sold it, but he turned down an offer of $55,000 out the door.

Not to be nosey, just curious, are you planning on using and keeping the bike long enough to go through the intense services that are required?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think the last HP4 Races in the US went to a dealer who bought 12 of them; someone bought 10 of them in one batch. Rumor was about $55K USD but who knows what the 10 sold for.

I had the privilege of throwing my leg over one for a Barber Trackday Session last month. All I can say is WOW. Congrats on such a wonderful bike. Just for god's sakes don't crash it!

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Not to be nosey, just curious, are you planning on using and keeping the bike long enough to go through the intense services that are required?
The HP4R that we have has 2,900km and so far the only service was an oil change and cleaning the brake calipers. They really don't require much service at all. BMW says to get the engine replaced at 5,000km but you can get it rebuilt by Alpha Germany for 5,000 euros if you want. Or just run it until it fails and put a crate race motor in it, or a stock motor. Lots of choices.

·
Vendor
48 Posts
That seems incredibly cheap, following a bit of research the cheapest HP4 Race that I could source from across the pond was $55,625 inc taxes without shipping to the UK!!!

Due to production cost including cost of components I don’t think BMW will ever produce another HP4 Race.

Just like Ducati producing Desmosedici RR and Honda producing the RC213, these bikes will only be produced as a one off just to prove that they can.
I could have purchased one less than $45k USD, wasn't the right time and I missed out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I could have purchased one less than $45k USD, wasn't the right time and I missed out.
That’s ridiculously cheap. Could have stripped down the bike and sold the individual components for a large profit.

How did you manage to find one so cheap? Cheapest I could find across the pond was $55,625 USD

1 - 20 of 36 Posts