BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

So I have an issue with my bike. 2011 s1k. At first the tank was not properly booted down and the bike would shut off Everytime the tank touched the starter motor. It would then reset after a while and start back..

The last time this happened the fuel pump and throttle body never came back on. Everything else works on the bike. The bike starts and idles, but throttle body is not coming on. No response from throttle.

Also, fault code came on. Voltage supply component group 6. Need help. Is the ECU done? Or a failsafe and disabled circuit?

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
Hey guys.

So I have an issue with my bike. 2011 s1k. At first the tank was not properly booted down and the bike would shut off Everytime the tank touched the starter motor. It would then reset after a while and start back..

The last time this happened the fuel pump and throttle body never came back on. Everything else works on the bike. The bike starts and idles, but throttle body is not coming on. No response from throttle.

Also, fault code came on. Voltage supply component group 6. Need help. Is the ECU done? Or a failsafe and disabled circuit?
OMG... DME Fuse Error now. Some I can fix, some I have to clone the ECU to a new ECU.

you better be glad that fuel tank did not hit the positive post on that starter and upon trying to start it a nice high amp 12V would have burned a hole in that tank and catch fire very quickly. I think I remember reading that happen to someone back in 2015 on a older model bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow . I think and hope I'm not ****ed. If you can fix it that would be great.. I just need the bike up and running again..

I clearly avoided a major disaster in the making

·
Vendor
2,083 Posts
we got it covered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts