BMW S1000RR Forum banner

New Dainese boots too small?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  maybeinoregon 
#1 ·
Got a pair of Dainese Dyno Pro D1 boots for Christmas. Today was the first day it's been warm enough to ride. I went and got fitted for them at Cycle Gear before hand and got the ones that fit me exactly. They are perfect when walking around. There is even a tad bit of room in the heel which is good for getting them on and off. However, on my ride today my toes were going numb. Mainly my shifter side foot. Then after a while slightly in the right foot. This was my first ride and I'm hoping once they wear in this won't be an issue anymore.

Or did I mess up and go to small? Like I said, I fitted for the exact fit boot in the store. I wanted something tight and that I wasn't going to be moving around in like my regular steel toe boots.

Hopefully I'll be alright. Wanted to check with you all before I make any rash decisions.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Do you have wide feet? If so, Dainese boots ain't for you. The length might fit, but not the width. Dainese boots are not as good as their suits. I would stick to Alp*, Sidi, and TCX (great for wide feet).

On a side note, I would not ride in those boots even on the street. Minimal protection; When I commuted on my RR, I left a pair of my regular shoes at the office. Rode with full race boots. Even a simple tipover will hurt your feet in those boots.

#3 ·
That's not good news at all lol

I usually just wear a tall no lace steel toe western type boot for riding on the street. Would you suggest I return these and just go with something like that? What a bummer. And yeah I guess my feet are a bit wider than your average Italians :serious:

#5 ·
so you tried them on in the shop and they fitted ok? Guess what, so did 100 other guys before you, compressing the insides a bit each time. Dont stress, wear them a few times and they will probably fit fine.

#8 ·
Wear them around the house and see if you can get comfortable in them. That way they won't get ruined from riding (bugs,etc) and you can still return them if they aren't working out.

-I own Alpinestars SMX-6 boots and they fit perfect when I bought them. I never had a problem with anything going numb, not even after riding in them for 3-4 hours. The only problem I've ever come across is the heels of feet getting super hot because of the bike.

#12 ·
You mentioned a loose heel, so maybe it’s a problem of your foot sliding forward in the boot(s) pinching the toes, which would then create a numbing effect....

I wear Sidi Mag 1, and when I first put them on in the morning, I kick the heel of the boot on the ground to seat the heel, then I crank down the strap just above the ankle, then toe, then shin. Then I loosen the ankle and toe straps throughout the day as needed.

As another post said, your feet swell throughout the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.