BMW S1000RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to the forum, New to BMW, New to S1000RR,

Collected my bike on the 15th Feb, as 1 of 5 arriving at the dealership, just happen to be the closest spec to my build so I grabbed it.

Black s1000rr
Dynamic pack
Passenger kit
Tps

Dealer installed
Tinted high shield
Radiator guard
Engine guard
Tank grip kit

I'm currently looking for a solution to integrated tail lights like the TST industries or semspeed kit, but I don't seem to find anyone for the 2023 model ?

1. Is there a difference between 2022 and 2023 for the tail lights ?

2. Does anyone have a side to side comparison?

Thx

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is what she looks like

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to carbon Hydrodip the Matt black plastic items.

Flattened,

Plastic Primer

Black paint

Dipped in Carbon

Black candy clear coat

Cut and polish

Assemble
All in all, happy with the result ! @ a fraction of the cost of carbon, cos not everyone is a racer looking to save couple 100 grams of weight.

Attachments

· Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Nice!! KZN...howsit bru! Is that the umhlanga bmw dealership?

Congrats! Enjoy blasting that thing up the M4!

· Vendor
5,472 Posts
I have the same Black Storm, except mine is no longer Black Storm. It is now 2022 MotorSport red white blue.

The one thing that changed on the 23 is the rear tail design. The plastic interchanges from the 22 to the 23 subframe with no issue, but the position of the TSI turn signals from the 20-22 will not fit the 23 rear tail plastic.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the same Black Storm, except mine is no longer Black Storm. It is now 2022 MotorSport red white blue.

The one thing that changed on the 23 is the rear tail design. The plastic interchanges from the 22 to the 23 subframe with no issue, but the position of the TSI turn signals from the 20-22 will not fit the 23 rear tail plastic.
So should I wait for the upgrade from TSI or is there away to modify it. I have a 3d printer and loads of free time....?

· Vendor
5,472 Posts
They used the grab handles in the plastic to mount those signals. Just remove one and see what the difference is and print a new mount for the signals you have now.

The wiring is the same as I have installed my 2021 NRC to my 23 and it works great. It was a direct mount up no issues since it is just under tail version.

· Registered
17 Posts
I didn't know about Hydro dipping for that carbon finish! Interesting! Bike looks great, NRC did come out with a fender eliminator for the '23 that fits better. I returned the one like yours and bought the '23 version:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts