BMW S1000RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I race a sv650. Love it cos you cant hide low corner speed with power. Iv learned loads.

Check out Roberts racing on Facebook.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
may I ask? How much do you weight with gear on? I total over 210 with everything on. May be thats why it's slow? gearing 14/47 with pc5

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I dont know fully laden. But without gear I'm 163 pound. Or 74 kg.

Its 77 hp. And I run 14.45

And only run 5 litres at a time. (Just enough for race distance plus litre)

We have no major long straight so I only get just abit into 6th in parts.

I'm going for full bike/engine rebuild over winter. I aim to get it lightweight as possible and keep it in our rules.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am @ 86 kg with no gear. If you are interested I configure these Lithium A123 packs. You can run a 6 cell to reduce a little over 4-5 kg on the lead acid battery underneath the seat.

Are you international? I am in N.America. Ill give you a racer discount. $65 + shipping which is @ cost.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I have a pile of parts to fit. Unfortunately a lithium battery is already one.

I'm just curious if you take 10 or 15 kg out of the bike will it be a little different or alot different. And it's a long winter

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I feel reducing the weight a little makes it easier to change direction at the chicanes. This winter I plan on making my own subframe with lighter material. I was looking at LWF bikes. He has some nice custom parts for his race setup.

:crying: I am not a fan of winter. For us it doesn't warm up again until March. I have one more track session this November. :serious:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Were same I'll go late October for a track day after the championship is finished. After that it's too wet and cold till mid March.

I have a light stainless front subframe. That also mounts my pcv.

The rear is already aluminium and doesnt look like much can be removed.

Iv alot of titanium bolts to fit. A exhaust that's better looking and half the size.

The exhaust bracket is a mild steet piece that looks abit poor. I'll make a titanium tidy one.

I plan to go over bike and cut off all the unused brackets and bits. Like the rear mudguard mounts, the ignition parts of the yoke. Etc.

Lightweight battery. Replace rear reservoir with the tygon pipe.

Some things like the battery holder my front cylinder I'll remove material.

I have carbon fibre to make stuff like the shark fin and heel guards.

We'll see when its apart

1 - 16 of 16 Posts